Don’t park in front of the driveway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Not sure why he'd be an "internet hero" for this. This is just a regular guy doing what any regular guy would do in the same situation. Internet has a way of making normal stuff seem extraordinary.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think he would have been surprised if the parking pawl would have broken and the car went into the back of his truck. I'm sure many would have loved to do this at one time of another, but I think I met have called the police and have them tow it.. But I'm sure this gave the the guy some self satisfaction.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I think it is funny as hell :) BUT in today's world I would have call the PD and have them tow it because people sue for everything today :O

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im with Badger....he got lucky that nothing broke and the car didnt end up in his tailgate (then whose fault is it, and who really loses?)

Glad it worked out, though....my in-laws have a family across the street that park 3+ vehicles by their curb and none in their driveway. Makes it a huge PITA for my family to get out of THEIR driveway, but the neighbors couldn't care less and Im sure if my family tagged one of their cars they would be outside in an instant!

And a story: back in high school a bunch of jocks figured it would be funny to take a small car (Civic Del Sol IIRC) and turn it sideways in a parking spot. While it was funny in their minds and on paper, it wasn't very funny after they had to pay to get the "four wheel steering" fixed on said Del Sol! Broke linkages, etc because the car wasnt completely off the ground as they turned it around.