DPF regen and CEL P0426

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerR337

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0L V6
I have a 2015 ram ecodiesel with 88k miles. Engine light came on when I was on my way to work and it was a P0426 code (Catalyst Temperature Sensor Range/Performance (Bank 1)). Whenever I pulled up at work (exhaust filter 80% full safety drive at highway speeds to remedy) came up but I didn’t have time to let it run so had to kill it. It sat for 12 days (I work offshore) got back in it and cranked it up still 80% full and engine light still on. I took off and before I could even get out the parking lot it jumped to 90% full. Got on the road and heard a louder than normal whistle/whining noise whenever I accelerated coming from under the hood. Got up too high way speed and after about 3-4 miles the 90% full went away (engine light stayed on). 2-3 miles later 90% full popped back up, it kept going off and coming back on for about 10-15 miles and then it jumped to 100% full. Still hear a whining/whistle when accelerating. Got back to work and killed it. It hasn’t went into limp mode yet. Does anyone have any ideas what could be going on? Thought I’d try to get an answer on here before I pay the dealership $100 just to figure out what’s wrong with it. Also, I had to bring it to the dealership about a month ago for a force regen after it wouldn’t regen at highway speeds and went into limp mode. Dealership said they checked and everything seemed fine. Drove 200-250 miles since that visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raymond1050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel 3.0
The whistling reminds me of my 79 D150, the cat got plugged up from someone using leaded fuel. Other than that I can,t help.

Loren

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3 liter eco diesel
I have 15 also the DPF keeps plugging and won’t go into regen on its own. I’m thinking it’s time to remove it. My fuel mileage has gone from a steady 25 to less than 20 hook the golf cart on behind its 15. Trouble is it’s stil unde warranty.