Dreaded Throttle Body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mikes04hemi

mikes04hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input.

I have about $400 in right now.....a mechanic buddy of mine hooked it up to his diagnostic from the shop and the only code was a P2118 which dealt with the throttle control.n It was either going to be TB or reflash. Wasnt sure so we swapped the TB. This is why I never gamble or play the lottery...lol!

I will call them tomorrow and see if I can get it in later this week. Thanks for the help guys.

OP
OP
mikes04hemi

mikes04hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
the title to this thread should be renamed to "Dreaded PCM"....haha! Computer was fried. Reflash did not work. Had to wait a few days at the dealership for a refurbished pcm since they indicated to be that there are no new computers anymore. New one arrived and they could not get it to work with my truck. Had to order a second computer so that took another 5 days to get here. At least this is over now and runs great! Glad to have the ol' girl home and cleaned back up. :)

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I'm glad you finally got it all sorted out. What a mess.

OlDirtyJohn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Quad Cab 2500 *Sold*
Engine
Hemi 5.7
a fried PCM is an SOB to deal with. Happened to me with my old Durango. Hopefully it didnt cost you too much. i ended up finding a company through ebay called Soloautopcms. They were fantastic! called me up to verify vin and mileage, and had it shipped out the same day. all to the tune of about $80.

OP
OP
mikes04hemi

mikes04hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It was not cheap, I assure you. The truck works great now so I ready to continue with my mods. :) I will have 2 used throttle bodies to sell now since that was not the problem...haha!