Driver heated seat does not work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr300z87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hi all, I am new here and its been 2 weeks since buying my 2017 1500 Bighorn and so far I am pleased. It is a huge upgrade from my previous 06 Ram. The other morning it was cold enough out to auto turn on the heated seat and steering wheel but the seat trys to turn then the lights on the button go out. Steering wheel heats up nice. When I press the seat button the lights go on but immediately turn off. It is not really a big deal that the seat doesn't work, I never really used them in my car. I am the kind of person that likes everything to work as it should. Any advice on how to troubleshoot this issue? BTW the passenger seat work fine, where the wife sits so she is happy, and you know. Any advice is appreciated.

Mike

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Usually this means theres a problem with the heating element in the seat or the module is bad. But I think if the module is bad both seats don't work so unfortunately it sounds like the element....

OP
OP
mr300z87

mr300z87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks for the reply, that was my thought as well. I would assume thr entire seat would need to come apart to replace the element. It will stay non functional for now.