Driver seat ventilation issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
No matter what I do to change my drivers seat ventilation memory it stays on low and I have to manually change it to high. Turn the truck off and restart its back to low. All other presets are correct. Am I missing something in the manual?
All other seat memory presets, mirrors etc need to be adjusted and set with the vehicle in accessory mode not running. Seat vents dont work in this position so I cannot change them.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
I think that’s just how it is. Mine also starts on low. I just change it. Personally I’d rather it run on high all the time too

Sent from an undisclosed location in Iraq

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No matter what I do to change my drivers seat ventilation memory it stays on low and I have to manually change it to high. Turn the truck off and restart its back to low. All other presets are correct. Am I missing something in the manual?
All other seat memory presets, mirrors etc need to be adjusted and set with the vehicle in accessory mode not running. Seat vents dont work in this position so I cannot change them.
With normal operation the heated seats will automatically start on High with remote start or regular start if it's under °40. If it's over °80 outside the vented seats will turn on High and stay on Hight until you cycle the key and then they will automatically switch to low. If you just start the truck with the key they will start on low. There is no way change these settings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fireman48

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
With normal operation the heated seats will automatically start on High with remote start or regular start if it's under °40. If it's over °80 outside the vented seats will turn on High and stay on Hight until you cycle the key and then they will automatically switch to low. If you just start the truck with the key they will start on low. There is no way change these settings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the answer. It does seem silly that if its cold under 40 the heat starts and stays on high but if its over 80(99 yesterday) they start on high then switch to low. Seems like an easy resolution in software. Thanks again.

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
Unless you have the windows tinted 5% rear, 35% front, and it heat blocking clear tint on windshield... then unless it’s like 100 outside the auto climate doesn’t turn on with remote start cause the truck isn’t hot enough.. ask me how I know :) I have to remember to have the ac on when I shut the truck off lol

Sent from an undisclosed location in Iraq

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the answer. It does seem silly that if its cold under 40 the heat starts and stays on high but if its over 80(99 yesterday) they start on high then switch to low. Seems like an easy resolution in software. Thanks again.

I guess at least it turns on high when you remote start, it's nice to know if I remote start for 5-10 minutes that I won't be coming out to a ridiculously hot seat. However, I agree, it should be setup the same way as the heated seats.