drop kit help acceleration?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dusterman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 express reg cab
Engine
I wanted to know before I pull the trigger on a drip kit. Will it help the tires hook up better at all? Better air flow? I do like the way our trucks look with the drop. They have a good aggressive stance. I have the stock Goodyears and wanted to wear them out before I buy a good sticky set of tires. So will they help the goodyears stick alittle better?

chrisb38002

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a 2/4 drop on my 03, and plan to put one on my 13. It really didn't help the tires hook up, only some better rubber did that, but it did improve the handling (lower center of gravity) and it felt much more stable. I think it also improves aerodynamics, allowing less air under the truck. JMO.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
drop kits won't give you better acceleration or hook up, but it should improve handling (by lowering the CG), reduce body roll (by lowering the CG), and make it look much better (personal opinion of course).