Dually tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hamtme2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 Laramie Longhorn. Now it’s time for new tires. On the rear duals is there a wider tire that you guys are using other than the 235/80R17? I’m leaning towards the BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A K02’s. I have a farm and I have to put it in 4x4 just to get through a damp field with these stock tires. I don’t want to use spacers. I would just like to have a little wider tires. thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
I don't know if they will work on your dual wheels without spacers, but I will warn you about the BFG All Terrain tires. They are excellent tires for most applications and usually wear well. Having said this, they won't wear well on a HD diesel pickup because of the weight on the truck. You may get decent wear on the drive axle since four tires will be sharing the load but the ATs on the steering axle will chew the tread off in a hurry. I would recommend the Firestone MT2 tires for your situation. Just my 2 cents worth.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a 2018 Laramie Longhorn. Now it’s time for new tires. On the rear duals is there a wider tire that you guys are using other than the 235/80R17? I’m leaning towards the BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A K02’s. I have a farm and I have to put it in 4x4 just to get through a damp field with these stock tires. I don’t want to use spacers. I would just like to have a little wider tires. thanks in advance for any suggestions.

For both of my dual rear wheel trucks I run a 265/70/17 all the way around. I think they look great and you have so many different tire options to choose from over the 235/80's

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Just installed Nitto Dura Grapplesr all the way around on my dually. Heard good things on this forum, and my local RAM dealer gave me a very attractive deal on them installed. My stock nexens only made it to 14k miles before the fronts had belt separation issues. Mostly from the weight of the cummins. Obviously these are a street tire, as I only use my dually to tow my camper.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just installed Nitto Dura Grapplesr all the way around on my dually. Heard good things on this forum, and my local RAM dealer gave me a very attractive deal on them installed. My stock nexens only made it to 14k miles before the fronts had belt separation issues. Mostly from the weight of the cummins. Obviously these are a street tire, as I only use my dually to tow my camper.
I have run the Nitto Dura-Grapplers on my 2011 RAM 3500 RCLB DRW. I ran them in the 265/70/17's and I thought they were great. I ended up getting 97,000 miles out of the fronts and 77,000 out of the rears. Not a bad tire in the rain and snow either.