Dumb-ish question/ idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Electrician5thgen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I’ll start by saying I have a 2020 ram 1500 big horn double cab, and a 2022 ram 2500 tradesmen crew cab long bed (both hemis 5.7 & 6.4) the 1500 is no longer a work truck but a play thing and with that in mind I know a lot of these things are adaptable like maybe the whole head unit? I’m already planning on getting the 12” for the 1500 but is the 8” from that compatible with the 2500? The small screen is unbelievably small and I’d rather not have to buy two.
And what about the remote start? The 1500 is down for a min getting a cam n ect. Could I just swap the remote start module and go through some sort of pair sequence?, or would that require some sort of dealer flash?
I’ve heard if you get the oem heated seats it can be flashed at the dealer for a truck that didn’t have it before (existing wire harness stuff) if that’s true I should get those before I start playing with the radio?

And semi related, added sunroofs, has anyone had one done do they address the headliner or is that a custom interior kinda guy stuff, and if everyone has had such bad luck with these (I’ve read on a previous thread) might as well do it myself

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
For the 8.4 swap you may need a harness, I admit I am not as versed in the Gen 5 as I am in the Gen 4. You could reach out to M²Mods in vendor section to find out what might be needed and if he can supply it. He is a great guy and very helpful. You can PM him but give some time for a response especially now during holidays. The harness you may need could possibly be including wiring for seats, he can help with all that. Good luck.