Durango BCM Retrofit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PatentlyPhil

Reaction score
Hi,

68331631AK and superseded numbers are for use up to 11/21/2019 builds
68461699AB and superseded numbers are for use after 11/22/2019 builds

I am sorry but we dont have engineering data to see what software each unit has or what the changes were between these time periods.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

Benny,

I'm trying to see if a newer BCM retrofit into my Durango will fix some of the issues I have with my UAQ install. It seems like that's what the Ram guys have been doing, and I know at least 2015 Challenger guys are doing it too.

I know that most of those features work on a friends 2016, but there are 2 2016 BCM part numbers:

68313031AE (Claims fitment for the 2016-2017 Durango AND Grand Cherokee - all engine configs/trims)
and
68258390AH (Claims fitment for the 2016-2017 Durango, but only the 2016 Grand Cherokee - all engine configs/trims)

These two PN's don't supersede, and I can't figure out what might differ in terms of applications or any other reason they would be different. Can you see if there are any differences on your end? The parts website doesn't give enough info to be able to discern what is what.

Phil

AllMoparParts.com

- Benny
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
All
Engine
All
Benny,

I'm trying to see if a newer BCM retrofit into my Durango will fix some of the issues I have with my UAQ install. It seems like that's what the Ram guys have been doing, and I know at least 2015 Challenger guys are doing it too.

I know that most of those features work on a friends 2016, but there are 2 2016 BCM part numbers:

68313031AE (Claims fitment for the 2016-2017 Durango AND Grand Cherokee - all engine configs/trims)
and
68258390AH (Claims fitment for the 2016-2017 Durango, but only the 2016 Grand Cherokee - all engine configs/trims)

These two PN's don't supersede, and I can't figure out what might differ in terms of applications or any other reason they would be different. Can you see if there are any differences on your end? The parts website doesn't give enough info to be able to discern what is what.

Phil

Hi Phil,
I cant comment on cross compatibility as I have no experience with this.

What I did see is as you mentioned there was limited crossover for some reason but upon looking further into it Mopar has made a clear determination between the years now so I think that original info was not correct. See below

1697845563284.png

-Benny