Dyno run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
It would be interesting to see it with and without the 37's. Those are probably going to hurt you big time. But your mods will certainly help.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder what gear they are going to run it in. The shop that tuned my buddies Silverado with heads, cam and whipple wouldn't run it in the closest 1:1 gear. They said that because of the offroad tires and driveshaft limitations it was unsafe to spin the wheels that fast. They have done so many trucks that they gave him an rough estimate of what it was actually at.
Turned out to be dead on once he lowered the truck down and got different tires on so they could run it in the optimal gear.

If that is the case with yours I am going to guess much lower. Like 295

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That would be nice, but very hard to believe. Read the test i posted above.
342. Dynos are important because they do not lie. A lot of companies say their product adds 25-30 hp, but when you actually run your car/truck on a dyno, numbers are way less. They do that to sell their products.
For sure, I don't trust any posted claims lol. It sure would be nice to have the time and money to test mods one by one and in conjunction with other mods to get some facts. That's why I said I'll try to toss the clutch fan on and see what kind of a difference it makes. There was a Dyno video that did show a clutch fan does affect about 12-15 hp, but it would be nice to validate for myself if I can.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It would be interesting to see it with and without the 37's. Those are probably going to hurt you big time. But your mods will certainly help.
I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately don't have another set to toss on. My buddy seems to think that it won't make much of a difference and I think he's crazy lol.

OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder what gear they are going to run it in. The shop that tuned my buddies Silverado with heads, cam and whipple wouldn't run it in the closest 1:1 gear. They said that because of the offroad tires and driveshaft limitations it was unsafe to spin the wheels that fast.I have done so many trucks that they gave him an rough estimate of what it was actually at. Turned out to be dead on once he lowered the truck down and got different tires.

If that is the case with yours I am going to guess much lower. Like 295
I was just wondering the same thing actually.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So much depends on the dyno and operator..........8 speeds can be a bit challenging to get decent pulls out of without causing downshifts. I think my initial run was like 290ish and after mods was like 325ish. Not the best numbers but same dyno/operator so I feel good about the gain.........

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
OP
OP
Jwithing

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's probably something more along the lines that I need with the family and vacation trips

If you have headphones on turn the sound down.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BeEqdd1c3wvIDoCJ3
Yeah man, that's pretty loud. Cabin noise for mine is fine. Obviously gets louder on WOT, but still fine in the cabin.

First couple of days, I didn't realize that the catback detached from the y pipe and I was essentially running straight catless headers. That was a little obnoxious lol. I cruised into the grocery store parking lot and some guy asked if I had a cam. Sounded great idling lol.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you look at that graph with your eyes closed?? o_O there is significant power gains at all rpm!

Nope, my eyes were open. Where did i say there weren't any gains? The numbers I stated are what it made. Torque curve was dramatically improved. I was simply stating bolt ons do not make as much HP as the companies claim.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And it was just a canned tune, and we all know those are garbage, especially with some mods thrown in like headers

I Bleed Ram Trucks
Agreed. Thats why i am curious to see what the OP will make with his tune. Will be a good baseline to see what a good custom tune can do.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd like to have my dynoed. But Forza, the shop I've used in the past, has moved to west central Florida.

I've always wondered why more guys here didn't Dyno their trucks. On the old Mustang forums, everybody and their brother dynoed their Mustang.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I say a Chevy switch out 37”s for a set of Vet take offs and he gained 75Hp/and like 90FtQ

Those 37”s are going to rob you BLiND

Find a set of stock tires quick-