EGR, zero it out or delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
The truck is for off-road racing use only. ;-)

OP
OP
Robert 2017 2500

Robert 2017 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes its possible. RaceMe and EFILive are a few of the delete tuners that are still around. I guess you don't have emissions testing or an inspection in your county in NY?
I'm in Orange Co Ny. They dont inspect it. But if it dont pass. At least I can set it back. from reading the egr really ***** up the engine.
I have heard guys who have deleted egr and exhaust got stopped and ticketed for $10,000 they had 2 weeks to put it back. Thanks

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I'm in Orange Co Ny. They dont inspect it. But if it dont pass. At least I can set it back. from reading the egr really ***** up the engine.
I have heard guys who have deleted egr and exhaust got stopped and ticketed for $10,000 they had 2 weeks to put it back. Thanks
There is no reason to delete the EGR in your 2017. Older pre DEF trucks made much more soot that sometimes clogged up the EGR. That is no longer the case. That is why there in no EGR cleaning reccomended in the manual, ever.

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
Leave the 5th gen trucks stock as there is very little to be gained from tuning and deleting as far as fuel mileage or durability, unless you are building a truck for racing. If emissions testing comes to where I register my 4th gen I will sell it and get into a 2014 or newer that is stock.

Rodderrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What if you have a 2012 which does not have DEF, what kind of difference does it make?