Eibach Pro Lift Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There were a couple threads floating around about these struts and springs recently. No real info out there about the Ram kit. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the front struts and springs. I installed them on Saturday. Install is the same as bilstein so no new info there. They ride great so far. They are definitely better than the strut spacers I had on previously. The spacers were starting to cause my upper balljoints to separate from the control arm and they squeaked constantly. These are quiet and ride smooth. Here are a couple pics.

cDbAmBv.jpg

aMCZAfy.jpg

M1XSvjH.jpg

Peq0EYN.jpg

SeVJG5l.jpg

i9iqVDt.jpg

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Looks good. It appears that you installed them on the lowest groove ring setting, correct? I know you had the spacers on previously, but did you save your height measurements from when it was stock and can compare to current with the Eibach? Thanks

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice! Keep us updated on the ride quality if you notice any improvement over stock even. I was eye balling these for the 2500 but haven't found a single person running them yet.

Marczing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Outdoormen
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just curious did you buy new strut bearing and caps or reused the old ones.
this kit in Canada is 970.00 plus taxes.
I'm looking at doing a leveling kit but dont want to do things twice. I thinking of RC spacer kit 300.Cdn or bils 5100s on sale 330.Cdn

I have a air lift 1000 I just dont know what to do and I tow a Rv trail 22ft ultra lite

OP
OP
mike19950

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good. It appears that you installed them on the lowest groove ring setting, correct? I know you had the spacers on previously, but did you save your height measurements from when it was stock and can compare to current with the Eibach? Thanks

Yes I used the lowest groove. With the Eibach Springs that is the 2.75" lift setting. The next one up is 3.5" which I felt would be too much. I was right around 40" from ground to center of fender with my spacers. I dont have a record of the stock measurements since I bought the truck with the spacers already installed. I will take a new measurement after my alignment and report back.

Nice! Keep us updated on the ride quality if you notice any improvement over stock even. I was eye balling these for the 2500 but haven't found a single person running them yet.

Will do. So far they ride great. Taking a road trip next week should be a good test.

Just curious did you buy new strut bearing and caps or reused the old ones.
this kit in Canada is 970.00 plus taxes.
I'm looking at doing a leveling kit but dont want to do things twice. I thinking of RC spacer kit 300.Cdn or bils 5100s on sale 330.Cdn

I have a air lift 1000 I just dont know what to do and I tow a Rv trail 22ft ultra lite

I did replace the upper strut mounts because I figured the stock ones would be wore out after rubbing on the spacers for so long. You can reuse all the stock hardware. You can even reuse the stock springs just like on the bilsteins. I would recommend using these or bilsteins to level since they maintain the stock geometry of the suspension.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I'm liking the setup. Looks great. How's the feel compared to oem struts? Any noticeable differences.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mike19950

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm liking the setup. Looks great. How's the feel compared to oem struts? Any noticeable differences.

Overall they feel like stock only firmer. Very happy with them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Sounds like a win, and an definite upgrade over our junk. Idk if I can resist buying these until black Friday.

dalton2425Texas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
@mike19950 I think you’re mistaken on the ring setting... Eibach and Bilstein are essentially the exact strut from what I have researched.

You stated the lowest ring was 2.75, but being a Bilstein equivalent it would be the exact opposite. The top ring would be 2.75 and you would see 4 rings exposed from under the truck.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but if you’re looking for ride height, I think you’ll want to look into it.

2eb64e784e51d40cbf005328d7645eff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Eibach sells a whole new coil that's available with their setup. 2.75 lift on the lowest ring.

OP
OP
mike19950

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
from my understanding if you buy the strut with the coils the minimum lift is 2.75", if you don't buy the coils then you have more settings.

Instructions with coils
https://eibach.com/us/pdf/14965

Instructions without coils
https://eibach.com/us/pdf/14963
This is correct. With the oem coils they are exactly like Bilstein. With the Eibach coils like I have they have their own settings with the lowest setting being 2.75.

dalton2425Texas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks for the clarity, y'all. So, basically it's an actual coil lift instead of strut extension lift? ..I'm also assuming it's either one or the other?

Update: I see the PDF now. Curious if the Eibach springs would work with the actual Bilstein strut. I don't see why not if they're essentially the same. Wonder what the ride is like on the second ring for 3.5"

Joes1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So if eibach did this correctly, then their spring kit would presumably retain the ( stock ride) but with a lift. Since they are not preloading the coil .

Am I correct on this ?

OP
OP
mike19950

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With the setup I'm running the coil does provide all the lift since the struts are set on the lowest setting. So far it rides very much like the stock coils maybe just a touch firmer which is fine with me.

dalton2425Texas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
With the setup I'm running the coil does provide all the lift since the struts are set on the lowest setting. So far it rides very much like the stock coils maybe just a touch firmer which is fine with me.

So, since your CVs are at a super flat angle.. what do your UCAs look like? I don’t recall seeing a pic of them with the wheels and tires actually mounted.

This is all actually kind of mind blowing! I would have done this setup at 3.5” with my rear 1.5” spacer had I known..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk