Electrical/Communication Issues: 2018 Ram Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WAR-RAM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I'm having some electrical issues with my truck and I can't seem to figure out.

I had a bad thunderstorm not too long ago, and when I went outside my rear parking lights were on. I had no cluster lights, no horn, key fobs weren't working, radio was on but I couldn't change any settings or stations etc. The HVAC fan was on, but I could not change any settings etc. The door lock switches and headlights worked as well. I tried pressing the push start button, but it only lit up and did not go into ACC/ON or any other state.

Tested my battery, and it's fine. I checked the TIPM for blown fuses, etc. and replaced the TIPM with a brand new one, and that did not correct the issue. I took all connections off the tail lamps, license plate lights, cargo lights, and dome light on the back of the cab, and check all connections. I removed the tow connector and inspected it and the wires, as well as the connectors behind the rear bumper, and everthing looks fine. I checked and cleaned all grounds.

I did an ohm resistance test and voltage test using a breakout box and it all checked out. I've also tried unplugging modules directly from the can bus block to no avail.

My truck had my tuned PCM in it during the storm, but I put my factory one back in to test, just in case the tuned PCM was impacted by the storm. Again, no dice.

The only thing left that I can think of is the Battery Intelligent Sensor and the BCM.

I have not tried a code scanner because I cannot put the truck in the ON position.

Can anyone shed some light on what else I can check? TIA