Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l v8
This started a few months ago seemingly out of nowhere. The problem is sometimes when I get in and start my truck (2011 1500 RCLB) I wont have any sound come through my speakers. Also I can change between AM/FM/AUX but when I try and turn the volume up and down I don't get any volume display. Other times I have sound and the volume control works fine and I'll be driving and all of the sudden for no reason my speakers will cut in and out a couple times and then pop like the sound when you plug a guitar into an amp and then I wont have any sound or volume control again.

Fixes I've tried-
-I can momentarily fix the problem by disconnecting my battery for like 30 seconds but it always just happens again.
-I've gotten my battery, alternator, and starter all tested to make sure its not a surge in power.
-I have checked every fuse I can think of.
-I have taken apart my entire dash, door panels, and rear speaker covers to visibly check that the wiring isn't loose or falling apart and to make sure the speakers are in good shape.

I'm at the end of my abilities, knowledge, and patience. My next step is taking it into an audio/speaker shop. I ask that if you even think you might know what the problem could be or maybe have a solution that you please leave a comment.

Thanks in advance.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If there is not a separate Amp I'd say your head unit is going out.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Brad S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l v8
If there is not a separate Amp I'd say your head unit is going out.

Yeah that's next up on the list of things I'm gonna have to replace to try and fix it.
Thanks for the help.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah that's next up on the list of things I'm gonna have to replace to try and fix it.
Thanks for the help.
If you know someone with the same radio they may be kind enough to let you test with their's?