Emision system failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R Ling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I have a 2020 Laramie Ecodiesel at 77k the engine light came on for clogged particulate filter. Dealership was so busy the blew me off and and scheduled for a 3 weeks out, siad it was no big deal. A week later, I travel all the time for work pulling small trailer, truck goes into limp mode. I find a dealership that can actually look at it. The first thing they tell me is I have a bad wiring harness, Estimate $1700. Mechanic is able to isolate the probl;em in the harness and fixes so they can actually run diagnostics. Next conversation is the EGR valve is fried and has to be replaced, not covered under warantee. They replace and 50 miles later engine light back on. The find pin holes in down pipe from egr. replace that, i am now $2k into this and the check engine comes on again still multiple error coes including particulate filter code. Take it back again and no they tell me needs a new egr intercooler for an additional $1600. htey replace that and within 75 miles the check engine light is back on. they have replace entire emissions system and still not right. anyboody else out there run into issues with emmisions system like this. Seriouly disgusted with problems like this in a 2 1/2 year old truck with only 75K on it.