Engine build for 2014 ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Killercod97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just was wanting to get some advice on how I should go about building a upgraded engine for my 2014 ram. I’m eventually going to put a pro-charge kit on, but was wanting to upgrade the compontants in the engine first. First build so all the advice is welcome

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Killer, I think the upgrades would depend on how soon you are going to add the procharger.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
They are all good, just search build thread, and a bunch will come up. I don’t want to say who’s is the best and cause trouble but you’ll figure out the really good threads from the “meh” threads pretty quick.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What tires are you going to run?
What rear end gears do you have?
Which tranny? Can it take the extra power?

I'd get all that lined out first.

Then I'd call Matt.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Just was wanting to get some advice on how I should go about building a upgraded engine for my 2014 ram. I’m eventually going to put a pro-charge kit on, but was wanting to upgrade the compontants in the engine first. First build so all the advice is welcome
Dont limit your searches to just this forum. You can find info on lxforums, challengertalk etc. Basically any modern mopar forum because the 5.7 is in various other cars. When the time comes, ill probably be in contact with Erik at BFNY Performance. He has done many 5.7 builds along with bigger builds. From what ive been reading im probably going to start with a 6.4 truck block. But here is an example of one of his recent 5.7 based 392 builds. I know its a challenger but its a 5.7 block;)

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
One good set of words to start with...

"forged bottom end"

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
All depends on your funds and final goal. A forged motor is a great idea but there are a lot of guys running 6-10lbs on stock bottom ends

I Bleed Ram Trucks

OP
OP
K

Killercod97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fund wise I can put around 10 grand into it this year and in 2019 I’m gonna super charge it (thinking so, unless it’s gonna to cause more trouble and other upgrades need to be done)

All depends on your funds and final goal. A forged motor is a great idea but there are a lot of guys running 6-10lbs on stock bottom ends

I Bleed Ram Trucks

OP
OP
K

Killercod97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dont limit your searches to just this forum. You can find info on lxforums, challengertalk etc. Basically any modern mopar forum because the 5.7 is in various other cars. When the time comes, ill probably be in contact with Erik at BFNY Performance. He has done many 5.7 builds along with bigger builds. From what ive been reading im probably going to start with a 6.4 truck block. But here is an example of one of his recent 5.7 based 392 builds. I know its a challenger but its a 5.7 block;)

Thanks for that! I’ll keep looking around and look at more of BFNY performance’s work. Might have to take a road trip to get this truck done then because I’m up in Manitoba Canada

OP
OP
K

Killercod97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What tires are you going to run?
What rear end gears do you have?
Which tranny? Can it take the extra power?

I'd get all that lined out first.

Then I'd call Matt.

I’m running 35x12.5R20 and the gears and tranny are stock for the 2014 sport model

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Could you elaborate on that for me?

Forged bottom end means to upgrade the crank, piston rods and piston heads to stronger forged metal. The stock internals are normally cast metal which isn’t as strong as aftermarket forged parts. The stock stuff has been traditionally known to handle 6-10 psi of boost without breaking, but you need to have a really good tune from a reputable tuner that knows what he’s doing. I think a member Tach-tech has a stock motor with a whipple that sent a rod through his block. There are a lot of variables to that though.

I Bleed Ram Trucks

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thanks for that! I’ll keep looking around and look at more of BFNY performance’s work. Might have to take a road trip to get this truck done then because I’m up in Manitoba Canada

Track down Kurtis Holland /Charonblk,he's about 10min's from me over here in Calgary.He's a good guy to talk to and being another Canuck helps.

mondo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd express rcsb
Engine
Oh wow you are pretty far away from him...lol.