Engine leak after Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
Had taken the engine in for installation. The first time around the manufacturing sent one out that had a part on backward. When mechanics installed they then noticed the problem and contacted me. I contacted Autozone and the third party provided another engine. After the second install got it home and it was leaking. Contacted the mechanic and took it back. The mechanic placed a gasket seal on it and I took it home again. This did not correct the leak. I was referred to another mechanic because I lost all faith in the guy who placed the engine the first go-round. They said that the oil pan was bent. They replaced it and getting it home it still leaked. Took it back. The source found out that the oil and transmission fluid was pink. They said I needed to take it to the Transmission shop. I did and they replaced the gasket and charged for the removal and installation. One mechanic explained that the weight of the engine could have caused this? I am confused and can't explain it any better since my husband has left this difficult task to me to conjure up a remedy? Could anyone enlighten me? There seems to have been something that went awry?