Engine Shutoff any thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyroptorin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I have a 2017 ram 2500 bought brand new in 2017. 6.4L V8 4x4. Right now it has about 27k miles on it. So it’s snowed significantly over the last weekend and there’s still snow on the ground. On my way to work this morning I miss the entrance and have to turn around on a side street. I put my rear end off the road into the grass covered in snow. I turn my wheels to the left to turn around. When I applied acceleration to pull forward I hear what sounds like a flock of birds under my front end and then my engine just stops. No noises, no spoiling down like when you turn your key off just night and day from running to dead quiet. Shift from drive to park to drive and nothing. I turned the key off and then on again and it starts right up. It’s made the noise before when accelerating with the wheels turned but never shut off on me like this. I’m taking it in to the dealer today but just wondering what you guys think it might be? Covered under the factory warranty?