Engine Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2001RamWayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I currently have a 2001 Ram 2500 SLT Larime. Its original motor was 5.9L v8. Motor and transmission was no good so I swapped in my 5.9L v8 from my 99 ram 2500 base model. Same motor, trans, rearend just with no bells or whistles. I had to cut and splice the injector plugs from my 99 to my 01, and change the computer. Now it runs great except when you come to a stop or at idle after driving. It's throwing codes for high voltage to O2 sensors and O2 sensor heater? I thought the cat was clogged so I cut it out. Still has O2 sensors but same issues. I'm at a loss on what to do. I changed the throttle body, all new gaskets, filters, fluids, seals, plugs, wires, cap & rotor. Even tried the high dollar gas and fuel treatment. What could be wrong still?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you install new o2 sensors? You could have swapped the fuel injectors from the 01 motor to the 99 motor instead of cutting the harness.