Engine tick

Manifold or headers and which brands? 4.7 v8

• Headers

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Manifold

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roupie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I recently bought a 2005 ram 1500. The motor ticks and it was explained by the previous owner that it’s due to the exhaust manifold on the passenger side leaking. He replaced the driver side recently with what looks to be a fairly basic manifold. I’m wanting to remedy the tick but I’m caught between buying headers or just replacing the passenger side manifold. The truck has an aftermarket exhaust (supposedly flow master). I’m wanting to get input on whether buying headers is worth it and if so what do you all recommend? And if not, why, and what manifolds do you all recommend? Thanks for the time and info.
20f84e54-a96b-4824-85ce-0e4aeb39b3fd

upload_2019-6-21_23-48-52.jpeg

Max1329

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Magnum hemi
I recently bought a 2005 ram 1500. The motor ticks and it was explained by the previous owner that it’s due to the exhaust manifold on the passenger side leaking. He replaced the driver side recently with what looks to be a fairly basic manifold. I’m wanting to remedy the tick but I’m caught between buying headers or just replacing the passenger side manifold. The truck has an aftermarket exhaust (supposedly flow master). I’m wanting to get input on whether buying headers is worth it and if so what do you all recommend? And if not, why, and what manifolds do you all recommend? Thanks for the time and info.

View attachment 170792
Headers all day long if your not worried about price, I’m not sure on 4.7 headers but as long as it’s not some $200 eBay headers you should be good

OP
OP
R

Roupie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Any insight on some decent brands? I don’t want to break the bank but would be good with something priced middle of the road. Also, some good places to purchase parts online? I’ve been looking at summitracing.com so far

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

View attachment 170792

If your going to have the manifolds off I see no reason not to just go ahead and upgrade to a decent set of headers. Not sure about the 4.7 but 5.7 stock manifolds are super restrictive compared to headers and the bolts are prone to breaking off in the block which also can cause an exhaust leak.

BigBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Any insight on some decent brands? I don’t want to break the bank but would be good with something priced middle of the road. Also, some good places to purchase parts online? I’ve been looking at summitracing.com so far

Try looking at the vendors on the forums for parts. Also Nick @ got exhaust is a good place to get headers. Hes a vendor on the forums and you should even get a forum member discount. He sold me a set of bbk shorties for around 250.