Evap Core access hole?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys. I’m just wondering if anyone here has ever cut or drilled a hole into the a/c housing to access and clean their evap core. I have pulled the blower motor before to do it, but it only gives you limited access. I could tell there was still probably a bunch of stuff in the bottom of it that I couldn’t reach. I have seen where 1st Gen guys have done this and even put a clear cover over it to monitor its condition. Problem is that their a/c housings look nothing like ours. I can’t find anything online of someone doing this to a 2nd Gen. I don’t want to screw something up that will ruin my evap and force me to pull the whole brittle dash apart.

OP
OP
Spike95

Spike95

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In case anyone else ever finds this thread looking for the same info, I don’t think the idea is really feasible for the 2nd Gen a/c system. The only option is to clean it the best you can through the opening for the blower fan. So you can only get about 2/3 of it clean, and it is awkward as hell.

Ram_Man34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I agree, it is a complicated jumble and difficult access.
A few years ago I took my dash out to replace the heater core, out of curiosity I opened up this box. I honestly can not remember where exactly the Evap core sets but I may end up putting one back in since I may actually want AC in the winter for defrost.
308.JPG

Last edited: