Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust Brake is the best feature in a Diesel.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Fake-Account27, May 22, 2020.

1. Fake-Account27

Fake-Account27 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Diesel
    Just towed 33ft travel trailer with my Ram 2500. The exhaust Brake is simply amazing. Pulling off on a steep downhill off ramp I hardly had to touch the brake. I am glad I listened to the pro Diesel guys when buying my first truck, well worth every penny of the premium price.

Previously I towed a popup with a Chrysler Pacifica which is a surprisingly solid TV for a popup.

And yes I went from never owing a truck to a Cummins 2500. Go big or go home.

BossHogg and Gr8bawana like this.
  2. jejb

jejb Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 Cummins
    The pulling power of the diesel is the best feature, IMO. But I agree the dual mode exhaust brake is a really nice feature also.

3. crash68

crash68 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoDiesel
    When it comes to towing the Cummins and Hemi are not even in the same ballpark. The CTD makes more torque off idle than the Hemi does at it's peak, as much as people go on about horsepower it's torque that moves the load.

jejb, BossHogg, OLEJOE and 1 other person like this.
  4. OLEJOE

OLEJOE Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7 I-6
    I love the sound when towing and rpm down around 1500. Letting it or making it work is what the CTD likes. The EB is just an added bonus to help save on the brakes. I run mine all the time.

Gr8bawana and BossHogg like this.
  5. BossHogg

BossHogg Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    6.7L Cummins
    Powerstrokes and Duramaxes sit on the sidelines just to listen to the sweet sound of an I6 Cummins working. I think the RAM engineers gave just enough engine sounds in the cab to make smiles.

I'll be towing my 16-foot dump trailer today, need a few loads of 21AC, and a load of screened topsoil. I have a few hills to conquer and can't wait to watch the boost gauge rise while the speedo stays the same all while listening to the Cummins.

Last edited: May 29, 2020 at 5:00 AM
    Gr8bawana likes this.