Exhaust fell off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyRamFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys my muffler rusted fell off and it's time for a new exhaust system.

Where so you guys to go purchase exhaust systems?

Do you usually buy the whole system or just buy each part separately and weld them together?

Dual pipes or just one?

I'm thinking something just as loud as stock, or maybe just a bit louder. I hear glass mufflers get clogged east too.

You all know of any ways to have a complete setup, but be able to switch from muffler to open pipes easily?

Best thing I've seen so far is from LMC truck, but they dont have a catalytic converter on there system. I'd imagine I need that (mine already has it).

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Gibson makes a cat back single in single out. theres an ebay seller coltexhaust that makes a single in dual out conversion. true duals you'll probably have to fabricate. just gotta figure out the fuel tank issue.

I just bought 2 1/2 inch pipe on Amazon and welded up an exhaust using a flex coupler to the Y pipe, resonance chamber and a Corsa red muffler single out at the center of the truck rear bumper. no cats on my truck tho. still trying to decide if I want to do custom tips or keep it hidden. still have to run the truck to see what drone I have to deal with.

you can weld in a cutout valve if you want to switch to open pipes.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
if you want it to seem a bit louder dump it in front of the rear axle. the shorter the exhaust is the less the sound is dampened. plus it is also usually cheaper to dump it in front of the rear axle instead of going over the axle.