Exhaust opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwsewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've decided I want to swap up the exhaust system on my truck to free up a few ponies.
I'm torn between going with one of the carven bolt ons, or one of the muffler delete pipes.

To get an idea of how loud straight pipe would be, i removed the factory muffler/dual exhaust pipes and bolted on a downturn tip. I really like the sound, and the volume from outside the truck, but holy hell is it loud inside the truck when I'm driving around.
I guess my question is: with the muffler delete pipe and reinstalling the bumper exhaust pipes/resonators is it still going to be obnoxiously loud inside the cab driving around?
Or would I be better off going with one of the carven mufflers

Crew cab short bed 5.7 8spd

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Id do a complete muffler replace.
Do you have the dual tips out back, if so, I may be interested in your stock muffler?

OP
OP
nwsewell

nwsewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I decide to stick with the muffler delete, I will definitely be getting one of the setups that routes it out the dual exit in the bumper.
I might be willing to part with my factory muffler, I'm not sure what I would sell it for though. It only has 12k miles on it.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Is it the factory dual exhaust one?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Cool, LMK when replaced sir.

Thanks.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would imagine the turndown was louder than it would be in cab than a delete pipe as some of that sound would exit further from you cab.

I have the progressive Carven with 5” tips and enjoy it. There are days I wonder what it would be like to have a muffler delete but get concerned as this is my daily driver, have wife and two kids (both under 4yrs old), and get called into work at all hours of the day (don’t want to loud at 3am in the neighborhood).

Good luck with ur decision. I’ve had many friends use and love/swear by solo exhaust products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk