exhaust setup question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
got the 4.7 curious or any pros and cons of doing a turndown on a flowmaster 40 vs side exits. Currently coming straight out the back and looking to possibly modify

OP
OP
DDean

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone??

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
DRONE!!! They don't have the nickname "dronemaster" for nothing and when you dump it right the muffler it usually increases the drone.

Ethan0524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, it will have pretty bad drone with a FlowMaster...especially if you dump it. I had a FlowMaster on mine, but it rusted out and got it replaced with a Cherry Bomb Vortex with dual pipes going to the rear bumper and turn down because I don't like tips. Anyway, the Cherry Bomb is MUCH better than the "DroneMaster/RustMaster".

Last edited:

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, it will have pretty bad drone with a FlowMaster...especially if you dump it. I had a FlowMaster on mine, but it rusted out and got it replaced with a Cherry Bomb Vortex with dual pipes going to the rear bumper and turn down because I don't like tips. Anyway, the Cherry Bomb is MUCH better than they "DroneMaster/RustMaster".

I love my Vortex.

OP
OP
DDean

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cherry bombs are illegal here. No one sells them and no one will put them on even if i ordered. Anyone got some good video of their 4.7 setup

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
You can dump it, just go up and over the axel and angle it slightly. The drone comes from the sound bouncing off the asphalt and back up. This also muffles the sound outside as well. If you dump it over the axel you are moving it far enough back that you generally remove the drone and by giving it a slight angle the sound goes out and is not muffled.

Personally I would stay as far away from a flowmaster as you can, they rust real quick and hinder performance.

OP
OP
DDean

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Muffler recommendation?? I want my 4.7 to sound good not bad

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cherry bombs are illegal here. No one sells them and no one will put them on even if i ordered. Anyone got some good video of their 4.7 setup

The vortex isn't a round muffler it's oval. I'm wondering if it's round mufflers that are illegal. It seems to me that I've heard this some place else as well.

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Even one of these would be illegal?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
DDean

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dunno if it makes a difference or not. Soon as i said cherry bomb the guy said no. So outside of the cherry bomb whats gonna make my 4.7 come alive. And if anyone has good video or anything of their 4.7 setup itd be appreciated

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think he knows himself. If you really have your heart set on Cherry Bomb then I'd try somebody different and see what they tell you.

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Even one of these would be illegal?!

Yea I thinking about that myself. I remember some of those little **** boxes come from the factory with round mufflers. I think where the rub is, is that the muffler is aftermarket, therefore it didn't come from the factory with it, so they consider it illegal. I know, it's stupid. :manos:

OP
OP
DDean

DDean

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont have my heart set on it. The guy that told me that works at one of the better shops in town. I just want the best sound. Theyll do anything else but cherry bombs. Dunno hy i aint happy about it either

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Muffler recommendation?? I want my 4.7 to sound good not bad
I like Magnflow: its a straight flow low back pressure design and Mufflex kits them up with stainless pipe for bolt on application so you can put them on yourself.