Exhaust...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Yes, another exhaust thread...

I've done some searching but the last thread started on exhaust for PWs was roughly a year ago, or so it seems, so figured I'd start a new one. Who knows... Maybe some things have changed a little

I had my stock exhaust changed out for Magnaflow, not sure exactly which part number it is. I told the shop, who did my last truck, to put the same Magnaflow on my PW as they did my other 2500 (which they said they did) but it def doesn't sound the same. I did have the resonator removed on both trucks and thats how I know it's not the same... There was a subtle drone in the cab on the last one, nothing crazy, but you could tell it was there I'd you really listened... I'd mash the skinny pedal and it would roar. The one on my PW sounds good on start up, idle, and revving. But other than that, lacks that rumble in the ***** the old truck had.

So now I'm looking at redoing the exhaust. Not looking for a cat back system though. Just something more aggressive and worthy of the PW name. You know what I'm talking about.

Post up what you got and any sound clips you have with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Borla may have what you seek

I only have 5.7 liter, but sounds nice low and smooth idling & nuts under acceleration

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Yes, another exhaust thread...

I've done some searching but the last thread started on exhaust for PWs was roughly a year ago, or so it seems, so figured I'd start a new one. Who knows... Maybe some things have changed a little

I thought I was bad at searching. :Angry:

This one is still on the first page.
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/muffler.121913/

OP
OP
Odin

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Bwahahaha! I dunno how I missed that but I def didn't see it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Did they install a full catback or was it a muffler kit?

If it was a muffler kit, you can swap in this one
https://gotexhaust.com/i-23687758-s...00-muffler-replacement-kit-for-6-4l-hemi.html

Sounds aggressive and is loud but not obnoxious and with your resonator already deleted it should sound great!
Hey Nick, When I bought My PW the dealer was supposed to do a Cat back replacement but I think they swapped out the muffler only, installing a magnaflow 22", same resonator and ****** y_pipe. Thats all I know about my magnaflow. But if they did change the plumbing with the muffler what's the worst I'll have to deal with if I install this Solo, a little cutting, maybe some glueing? I couldn't find the dimensions of the solo on your site, if you have them and could post them, pimpn.

is this still Your recommendation for a 6.4L that will have ARH headers with hi flow Cats in the next week?

Thanks man
I can email you if It is easier because I need lots of stuff from you that I know you sell but I cant find on gotexhaust.com.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Nick, When I bought My PW the dealer was supposed to do a Cat back replacement but I think they swapped out the muffler only, installing a magnaflow 22", same resonator and ****** y_pipe. Thats all I know about my magnaflow. But if they did change the plumbing with the muffler what's the worst I'll have to deal with if I install this Solo, a little cutting, maybe some glueing? I couldn't find the dimensions of the solo on your site, if you have them and could post them, pimpn.

is this still Your recommendation for a 6.4L that will have ARH headers with hi flow Cats in the next week?

Thanks man
I can email you if It is easier because I need lots of stuff from you that I know you sell but I cant find on gotexhaust.com.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

First off message me anytime with what ever you are looking for even if its not listed on our site. We offer just about everything and with a discount. Often to get the discount you have to have it quoted by me unless its an item that has a promo code. We do have a preferred products section for RAM owners that list some the items you may be interested in

Let me know what you are looking for in a message and I'll get you taken care of

For the exhaust send me some pics of what you got and I should be able to figure it out. worst case go with a full catback. If you can do a muffler kit I would think the Solo MR400 kit would sound GREAT!

jambbii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just put a Blackwidow 10" Widowmaker and deleted the resonator. It is on the loud side but works for me. I need to do some towing to see if I can tolerate it.

JDA-PW2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Installed the Solo muffler delete on my '18 PW. Sounds fairly mild and beefy at idle or normal driving (deeper and slightly more volume than stock). Then turns into Ghost Riders beast that wakes the dead at full throttle with the windows down (sounds like it should have flaming tire tread marks). With windows up at full throttle you hear it but it's not that loud in the cab (compared to them down). Not going to lie, I think I slightly wet myself with excitement first time I punched it.

Have not tried the freeway or towing yet, but I did do MDS. Still have the factory resonator on so MDS was not any more noticeable than stock.

Haven't wrenched on an auto in 20 years, I did the install myself in about an hour. Hard part was just a lot of muscle to get the factory muffler off. New one bolted on in 10 min. Highly recommend to anyone who wants to hear a beast roar when you put your foot to the floor. 6.4 Hemi sounds amazing unleashed.

{There are a bunch of youtube videos on another thread so I won't repost my sound. Sounds like they show, just 10x better in real life).

UPDATE:
Unfortunately there is a very loud and noticeably drone between 1500-1900 RPM. This also seems to be the exact range I'm in when on the freeway below 75, and wheeling @15 mph. Went wheeling yesterday and after 2 hrs of drone, I was done.

Pulled it off and put on a Magnaflow straight through muffler. It's dramatically quieter. Still a little louder than stock, and has a great aggressive tone. I'll drive it for a few days and report back.

Last edited:

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Let’s bring it back to life......

Stupid question that’s probably been beat to death but hate the fricken drone. I am 30 minutes from Kooks shop. If I have them do complete exhaust. I am talking changing everything from heads back.
Headers, cats,mufflers etc...
Will that void my warranty? Anybody have any first hand experience with this?

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Never mind on the question, I live close to Kooks facilities and they were very helpful. The tech said
A) They don’t have an off the shelf header for the 6.4 so everything would have to be custom made so they would need the truck 2 -3 weeks
B) since it would all be custom made for a complete long tube system headers back would be in the $3k range

I thanked them for their patience and said I appreciate it but for that kind of money I could get a Supercharger for $6k.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Flow master 50hd with resonator delete. Sound clips dont do it justice

Last edited:

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Never mind on the question, I live close to Kooks facilities and they were very helpful. The tech said
A) They don’t have an off the shelf header for the 6.4 so everything would have to be custom made so they would need the truck 2 -3 weeks
B) since it would all be custom made for a complete long tube system headers back would be in the $3k range

I thanked them for their patience and said I appreciate it but for that kind of money I could get a Supercharger for $6k.

That's actually a fair price if it includes high flow cats and all SS pipes. Problem is you would also need a custom tune.

To answer you other question, yes it would void your warranty.

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
To answer you other question, yes it would void your warranty.[/QUOTE]

That subject came up as well and the guy told me technally they have to prove the exhaust system caused the part to fail. He used transmission as example, he said technically an after market complete exhaust system can’t be an automatic void because he said they actually do complete exhausts for some of the dealers in the area on brand new vehicles.

BUT HE ALSO SAID..... It depends on your relationship with your dealer and the only way to know is call a few and ask them “does a complete exhaust WITH GREEN catalytic converters void your warranty.

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Either way I understand the time and effort involved in building a custom system so the price is justified for the shop but in my mind It’s not a good return on investment for me.

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
A new exhaust system will not void warranty!!! Just like a cold air intake or lift kit or larger tires, none of these will void warranty. If you dealership says it will get a lawyer!!!! There is a law that protects consumers when they add after market parts to vehicles. The actual part that you installed has to be the cause of the problem you are having for it not to be covered under warranty.

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
From the Warranty booklet:

WHAT’S NOT COVERED

3.6 Other Exclusions
Your warranties don’t cover the costs of repairing
damage or conditions caused by any of the following:
• Fire or accident;
• Abuse or negligence;
Misuse — for example, driving over curbs or overloading;
Tampering with the emission systems, or with a part
that could affect the emission systems
;
• Use of used parts, even if they were originally
supplied by FCA US (however, authorized FCA
US/MOPAR remanufactured parts are covered);
• Windshield or rear window damage from external
objects;
Any changes made to your truck that don’t comply
with FCA US
; or
• Using any fluid that doesn’t meet the minimum
recommendations in your Owner’s Manual.

Is it automatically voided? No, but if they don't want to pay to fix it they have an out.