Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Have had my red 2017 pw for about six months and it needs a better sound. Does anyone have any suggestions for a muffler? What size is the exhaust 4inch?
Only issue I have had is a new transmission put in at 5100 miles. Factory defect I guess. Thanks in advance

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

MJockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
It is a 3.5" exhaust. Along with the Solo options that Nick posted, Mufflex makes muffler replacements. One with a Magnaflow and one with no muffler. I ended up getting the Mufflex delete and added a Vibrant Performance 3.5" straight thru muffler. Mostly because I got a smoking good deal on the Vibrant.

full

full

holmessquad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nick@gotexhaust,
Did you leave the resonator on with your install of the muffler delete?

Corvette427

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check this out. I told my exhaust guy I really don’t want it too loud. So we took the factory muffler out, put in a pretty standard magna flow muffler and repositioned the resonator in line behind it, then came out the back with a 4 inch pipe. The sound is perfect just what I wanted. The good thing about this if it’s not loud enough for you, just take the resonator out.

https://instagram.com/p/BkBkcCSHgTV/

FD410D86-1EF9-486B-848F-2F5EAEC54189.jpeg

16EC8B02-895E-453C-B07E-BEB22B5B61CC.jpeg

FCC0DDFE-47E0-4EE6-8987-FA16180B9BB7.jpeg

JDA-PW2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
New PW owner. I like how quite and tame the sound is when I'm doing 70 on the freeway, but I would love it to sound much more aggressive when I put my foot into it. What would be the best setup for that?

Here is a crazy idea... is it possible to have two exhausts out the back that you could switch on the fly via the cab? Stock on one side and crazy loud on the other?

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Summit Racing sells an electronic controlled performance exhaust cutout.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nick@gotexhaust,
Did you leave the resonator on with your install of the muffler delete?

Yes I still have my resonator

New PW owner. I like how quite and tame the sound is when I'm doing 70 on the freeway, but I would love it to sound much more aggressive when I put my foot into it. What would be the best setup for that?

Here is a crazy idea... is it possible to have two exhausts out the back that you could switch on the fly via the cab? Stock on one side and crazy loud on the other?

The Solo Delete kit and the MR400 are both tame on the highway and get loud when you really lean into the skinny pedal

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
im running a borla xs with 4 inch mag tip...no drone.. love it

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just put the SOLO performace delete kit on, love the sound EXCEPT there is a drone at highway speeds in 6th gear (it's an rpm thing) that is irritating. I left my resonator on as i understand the purpose is to eliminate any drone sound. Performance "seems" better but that might be because of the exhaust sound.

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im running a borla xs with 4 inch mag tip...no drone.. love it

Yep, finally got my ProXS installed last week, then took my '16 Reb on a trip to the Gulf Coast; it sounds great! No real drone to me...at least, not like the drone I got with a Magnaflow system on my '14 Charger R/T! That thing, especially when MDS kicked it, was a real pain in the ears! This Borla is so perfect; not too quiet but not too loud. My wife and four-year-old daughter didn't even comment on it!

TXCOMT

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just put the SOLO performace delete kit on, love the sound EXCEPT there is a drone at highway speeds in 6th gear (it's an rpm thing) that is irritating. I left my resonator on as i understand the purpose is to eliminate any drone sound. Performance "seems" better but that might be because of the exhaust sound.
This what I installed. Solo Performance. No Drone.
MACH 82 3½" - 3½" 22" 5" x 11" I have a Magnaflow Cat Back System. Left the Resonator in place. I don't use MDS. Always shift into 6th.

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well put MagnaFlow muffler on and removed resonator. Sounds awesome at idle but 1800-2000 rpms the done is brutal.
I kept resonator and am going to drive it for a week or so and if the drone continues may put factory
resonator back on.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
go to youtube and listen to various magnaflow and any other brands that hold your interest.
be aware that the shorter mufflers tend to increase drone when MDS is engaged.
Reason I went with the one in my signature. I did not want any drone, and only slightly deeper rumble form exhaust without it being obnoxious.
good luck

G. Mcpherson

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Ram 2500 CC SB Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Your Drone will be there even more after the Muffler breaks in. Try putting the Resonator back and see what you think. It should help. For me shifting into 6th every time so no MDS makes it better. I have the Magnaflow 19200 cat back installed. Resonator is relocated to the front of the axle. With the Magnaflow Muffler to me it had still too much drone so I found the Solo Performance and that changed it much better so I can live with what little is there now.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, finally got my ProXS installed last week, then took my '16 Reb on a trip to the Gulf Coast; it sounds great! No real drone to me...at least, not like the drone I got with a Magnaflow system on my '14 Charger R/T! That thing, especially when MDS kicked it, was a real pain in the ears! This Borla is so perfect; not too quiet but not too loud. My wife and four-year-old daughter didn't even comment on it!

TXCOMT

Woah twins

My $.2 I have the Borla XS pro installed in my Ram.. drone is really not existent or very minimal even when mds kicks in. It really sounds more like a more aggressive factory muffler without being “too” aggressive. Now on my 07 Charger I when the Magnaflow system and when MDS kicks in drone is pretty apparent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Woah twins

My $.2 I have the Borla XS pro installed in my Ram.. drone is really not existent or very minimal even when mds kicks in. It really sounds more like a more aggressive factory muffler without being “too” aggressive. Now on my 07 Charger I when the Magnaflow system and when MDS kicks in drone is pretty apparent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, I said Magnaflow, but I had the Flowmaster American Thunder catback system on my R/T; drone was bad. I'm quite pleased with the Borla on my Reb; like Goldilocks said, "just right!"

TXCOMT

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If I push the tow/haul button it goes away.