Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
I would get the mopar cat back it sounds good and is specifically made for your truck

Mr Black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got the Carven Mid-Muffler. Sounds sweet. Looking to get the tips for them.
Hope the sound between the Mid-Muffler delete and Carven help you out.

DanH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Whatever you do, keep in mind what the drone will sound like in your truck. I have a 2019 3.6 classic quad cab. Got a Magnaflow
20" or 24" catback system (forgot length)..Just wanted a little rumble not excessively loud. Sounded great to me but at 2000 - 2500 rpms the interior drone was driving me crazy. Thought I could get used to it but I couldn't. Added the resonator back into the system and now the drone doesn't bother me. Must have been a certain frequency but it still sounds good not just as loud. If you have the opportunity to drive other trucks with performance systems try to do that first! Good luck, I made myself nuts researching this stuff.

IMPACT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
I was in your shoes about 6-months ago. I have a 2020 Ram Limited. First, I will say that Nick at Got Exhaust is the go to guy. Second, I initially went with Borla S Type. Loved the sound but it was a little loud for me as the rumble was in the cab with me. Nick sent me a resonator that essentially toned the system down to the Borla Touring - it is perfect. Nice rumble but it is outside of the cab at the back of the truck. If you step on it - you can definitely "wake up the chickens". I get constant compliments. My recommendation - Borla Touring if you want a nice gentleman's rumble - S type is you want more and don't mind hearing it in the cab.

LoadedSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Carven Performance muffler just arrived from Amazon ($332) and I will be installing it this weekend. This muffler is highly regarded in many reviews and is rated Best Bang For The Buck by many. Aggressive and moderately loud exhaust when throttling away from a traffic light with a minimal low drone in cab sound when rolling at speed. If i didnt have to work for a living the muffler would be on already....stupid job always getting in the way of enjoying my life.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I had the OEM cat backs on a previous GM truck. Would get goosebumps when I started it remotely from behind. I'm sure the Mopar would have similar results. Though, they were quite loud under acceleration, which seemed to have an effect during my commutes. Seems this forced the cars next to me to want to zoom out abnormally faster. Kind of funny how people act on the road.

Killface3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
I have a muffler on my 2012 R/T made by a company called Total Flow. I found them on Amazon. They make direct fit mufflers, muffler deletes, piping, etc. that have the hangers already welded to them. You can choose between stainless steel or aluminized steel, and any design available on the market. Chambered like a Flowmaster, straight through and packed like a magna flow, glass packs, or no muffler. The thing here is the price. I paid less than half for the chambered stainless that is similar to a Flowmaster 40 series. And it's been great. The welds look solid. It sounds incredible. Hope this helps.

turboguard

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Warlock
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Love my Carven competitor. Makes it sound like a race car when I get on it. I also like the fact that it's made by hand by one guy in America.

Canadian-Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Shorty (RCSB)
Engine
5.7 L
I went thru this same problem last year, tried the muffler delete (Too loud and didn't sound right IMO), so I ended up cutting the y-pipe and installing two magnaflow mufflers (old school like me Perfect Sound) Also note truck fuel mileage increased around town, and out on the highway. Best part is the few extra HP it picked up freeing up the exhaust, its noticable.

I just wish the factory cam had a better idle lump to it now, I'm not a fan of these smooth sounding idle cams.

L8R Mark

20200810_133519.jpg

20200810_133503.jpg

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't had any kind of problem with the stock side exit exhaust, it does its job and cost $0

Six8888

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got the Carven progressive it’s a nice balance between loud and not so loud and it’s a direct fit. Took less than an hour to install.

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Mufflers!? We don't need no stinkin mufflers!
20191114_161303~2.jpg

This is a Mufflex DODM80. It was $230. I like the way it sounds. I had a Mufflex DODM14 on my 2010 RCSB 1500 in 2012. I eventually put an electric cutout on that truck for even more sound.

I bought this because it was cheap(ish) and I had used Mufflex before and was satisfied with them. There are about a million other companies out there that make similar products. Plus, I can put the stock muffler back on if I ever sell the truck or want to change the exhaust.

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
I just got a flowmaster 150.00 done sounds deep load and all most got a ticket ! depends if u have money to spend ? saw youtube some guys are just deleting then off plain straight pipe then put on really load then !

cgreen107

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm in the process right now of trying to find a new exhaust. I purchased a Mufflex delete, but when towing my camper the drone is too much for my wife. So now it's taking up room until I can get rid of it and figure out a new set up

OP
OP
low_dakota94

low_dakota94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah that’s the reason I avoided the deletes. They sound pretty good but get overwhelming under a load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
I haven't had any kind of problem with the stock side exit exhaust, it does its job and cost $0

Yep, I see a lot of women putzing around with OEM exhaust Hemi engines. They seem happy too, the old men on the other hand..