Extended Warranty Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all,

I have gone through a ton of threads here about the FCA warranty and such. I got quotes from Chrysler that were out of touch with real life. I then got the following from Zeigler. Looking to see if these prices are in line with what others have paid and checking to see if there are any promo codes lurking as well. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn and have 7 days/300 miles until I hit my 1 year 12000 mile hike.

48/75k $1693
60/100k $2022
72/100k $2144

That is with a $100 deductible.

I appreciate any advice I can get, I love the truck and plan on keeping it for quite some time.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Also check at Clay Robbins, that's where I got mine. No 84/125K?

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have gone through a ton of threads here about the FCA warranty and such. I got quotes from Chrysler that were out of touch with real life. I then got the following from Zeigler. Looking to see if these prices are in line with what others have paid and checking to see if there are any promo codes lurking as well. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn and have 7 days/300 miles until I hit my 1 year 12000 mile hike.

48/75k $1693
60/100k $2022
72/100k $2144

That is with a $100 deductible.

I appreciate any advice I can get, I love the truck and plan on keeping it for quite some time.
PAYINFULL apparently still works. I used your numbers and came up with $2190 for 84/100K Maxcare $100 deductible. Plugged in PAYINFULL in the Promo code box and it knocked off $365 reducing the total to $1825.

OP
OP
S

ScottG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
PAYINFULL apparently still works. I used your numbers and came up with $2190 for 84/100K Maxcare $100 deductible. Plugged in PAYINFULL in the Promo code box and it knocked off $365 reducing the total to $1825.

Awesome, just found where to put it in. Think I may be pulling the trigger on it today!

Do folks ever go with the tire/appearance packages?

Last edited:

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome, just found where to put it in. Think I may be pulling the trigger on it today!

Do folks ever go with the tire/appearance packages?
I didn’t but I’m sure some have. It would have come in handy last year when I needed to replace a tire and the rim. Good luck!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I kinda regret not looking more at the dent and ding package. I have a couple that might have qualified.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I called around to a few places and right now nobody can touch Zeigler (https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/) with their PAYINFULL promo.

If you are not paying in full (financing it) then call around. Most places are offering $50-$100 off if you are financing for 12 months.

Last edited:

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I have two extended warranties in effect (one for my 2018 and the other for my daughter-in-law's 2019) and purchased both from Zeigler. I've purchased from them going back to 2011 and they are a quality group. If you ever trade and decide to cancel the warranty, you can do it on their website with zero hassles. The check comes quick so you can purchase a new one for your "newer" ride. Given the reduced price to purchase a genuine MOPAR extended warranty and the ease of cancelling one - versus the crap you'll get if trying to do at your local dealer - I don't know why anyone wouldn't purchase from Zeigler...my two cents.

Last edited:

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
I paid right at $1900 at the dealer at the time of purchase for the .maxcare 84/100k. She said she gave me the bottom dollar price. $400 more to cover the lift kit, wheels and tires as well as any premature wear like bearing hubs for example the the lift my speed up the wear on.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have Geico car insurance and only on a new vehicle they will sell a mechanical brake down insurance and add it to your policy. The mechanical brake down covers every thing on your truck except windshield wiper blades and brake pads. I pay a big whooping 30 dollars every six months on my car insurance policy for it. Also the Mopar repair shop I have takes that insurance coverage for repairs,and also checked other dealers and they take it too.

Kooch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just bought a new 2019 Rebel on Wednesday and paid $1703 for the 8 yr/100k extended warranty. I struggle with buying them but my new truck has the 12 inch screen and i don't want to pay to replace that

ttam1985

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just bought a new 2019 Rebel on Wednesday and paid $1703 for the 8 yr/100k extended warranty. I struggle with buying them but my new truck has the 12 inch screen and i don't want to pay to replace that
*****-could you give a contact name and phone # so i can call Monday-Thanks Matt Brown

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why would you not just pay a few hundred more and get a bumper to bumper warranty for the life of the vehicle or untill the vehicle is worth less than the repair? Plus it is transferable so add resale enticement. The Mopar MaxCare looks better to me.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Why would you not just pay a few hundred more and get a bumper to bumper warranty for the life of the vehicle or untill the vehicle is worth less than the repair? Plus it is transferable so add resale enticement. The Mopar MaxCare looks better to me.

Probably because "for life" is no longer available

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i

Probably because "for life" is no longer available

And it was never transferable.

And its not truly "bumper to bumper.

And its not technically a warranty as much as a contract, and therefore is not covered under Magnusson-Moss (which means dealers can say "no coverage" for mostly any reason they want)

As such, I still bought into MaxCare Lifetime because it was a good fit for my driving lifestyle....very little miles driven, so any major problems probably wouldn't show up until outside of the 3/36 and 5/60 warranties.

Mandride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Magnusson-Moss issue would only come into play if you did things like reprogram your ecu to gain performance and / or put some much HP and torque to the drive-train that it caused failure. My MAX Care does say Life-Time and the only thing not covered would be consumables likes shocks, belts and hoses, tires, upholstery, Paint dents and dings. Same stuff that is typical excluded. I got mine for the big tickets items, Airbag suspension, controllers, Power-train electronics, wiring, door controls and options. I only put approved Mopar items on my truck so I can live through the warranty. Luckily I got it for my Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland edition and my 2019 Ram 1500 Limited before the deadline. It is a shame they did that but I wondered how they could sustain it and I guess they decided they can't.

Oh and I have a copy the transfer form for the next purchaser. It is good for one transfer and if inherited by family it is transferred.

Last edited: