Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I purchased the EasyCare TotalCare coverage from my dealer when I bought the truck (2019 Limited, loaded). I probably didn't get the best deal, but I was able to roll it into the $0 down, 0% interest, 84-month financing deal.

I paid $3400 for the 7y/150,000 mile coverage ($250 deductible).

https://easycare.com/vehicle-service-contracts/#info-bar
I hope it works out for you as their online reviews appear to be concerning.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ga/norcross/profile/auto-warranty-processing/easycare-0443-1358/complaints

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.consumersadvocate.org/car-warranties/c/easy-care.amp

https://www.complaintsboard.com/easy-care-scam-c298066

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I am new to trucks, and I just recently bought a RAM 1500 limited. I have been reading about RAMs, and many seem to have reliability issues (not sure if I did my homework right .. or this is how generally trucks are). 1. Is it worth getting the extended warranty? 2. What does it generally cost? I have been quoted $4100 for the 7 year 100K miles (bumper-to-bumper warranty). 3. When can I get it? Do I have 3 years from the date of purchase or 1 year?

Just a point to consider: I have the 7 year/100,000 mile one on my '14 and I recently discovered that it does not cover any of the obnoxiously expensive, sealed LED lighting on the truck.

-K

2019_RPX_LTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's $1632 for 8 years and needs to start within 15 mon/15000 miles of new car purchase. That means the BTB warranty covers the truck for the first 36/36 while you are paying Geico. A Moper 8/125,000 $200 deductible is about $21-2300 and covers electronics, et at, like their 36/36 BTB on new trucks. If Geico covers all electronics like new BTB warranty it's a good deal as you can just quit paying $17/mo anytime.

The Mopar is prorated so you can also recover a portion of the cost if you sell early and you can stretch the payment out for a while. Mopar also covers rental car and key replacement from day one of the extended warranty.

I'd be very sure to have the Geico plan documentation in hand before I'd chose it over the Mopar.

Not saying it's a bad deal just Check and Verify that the plans are compared apples to apples as the cost difference is not staggering.
The Geico plan covers everything that the Mopar Maxcare plan covers and doesn't require receipts if you do your own maintenance like I do. I called and asked.

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
73393068-802D-419A-A1A8-AD39A1080C2B.jpeg
Just a point to consider: I have the 7 year/100,000 mile one on my '14 and I recently discovered that it does not cover any of the obnoxiously expensive, sealed LED lighting on the truck.

-K

Are you sure about this? In my Mopar extended warranty it does say that “Concealed headlight module” is covered under the “Luxury group” provision (highlighted above)

Last edited:

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
View attachment 224501

Are you sure about this? In my Mopar extended warranty it does say that “Concealed headlight module” is covered under the “Luxury group” provision (highlighted above)

Yup, that is not the headlights or taillights themselves. It's some electronic module that our trucks don't have but some vehicles do.

-K

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yup, that is not the headlights or taillights themselves. It's some electronic module that our trucks don't have but some vehicles do.

-K

I called Zeigler today and they told me that the headlight assembly would only be covered if an electronic component caused the failure. If it’s just a diode that goes out it is not covered.
That said, these LED lights have a shelf life of something like 100,000 hours so a diode going out is probably not too common, it’s far more likely for an electronic circuitry to fail first.. and that would be covered.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I called Zeigler today and they told me that the headlight assembly would only be covered if an electronic component caused the failure. If it’s just a diode that goes out it is not covered.
That said, these LED lights have a shelf life of something like 100,000 hours so a diode going out is probably not too common, it’s far more likely for an electronic circuitry to fail first.. and that would be covered.

Well, 3 of the 15 diodes in my OEM, factory installed, driver's side tail light failed and I went through the dealer, the Mopar warranty division and RAM Corporate and they refused to cover it. YMMV.

-K

condor767

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Damn that sucks. So it kind of goes along with what the Zeigler rep told me.. if the diodes just plain go out, they’re not covered. It’s gotta be a proven failure of the electronic circuitry for it to be covered.

BROWNMATHTEACHER

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Bighorn Lonestar
Engine
5.7 liter hemi
I declined the extended warranty from Chrysler, and opted for the Mechanical breakdown insurance from my insurance company (Geico). It's for up to 100k, a $250 deductible and only costs $50 for Windshield replacement. All for $17/mo.

I have my mechanical breakdown warranty from Geico also. I pay $63.00 dollars every six months.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I declined the extended warranty from Chrysler, and opted for the Mechanical breakdown insurance from my insurance company (Geico). It's for up to 100k, a $250 deductible and only costs $50 for Windshield replacement. All for $17/mo.

I have my mechanical breakdown warranty from Geico also. I pay $63.00 dollars every six months.
Are you paying $17 a month which is $102 for six months or $63 every six months? I was quoted the $17 a month on my wife’s JGC from Geico so just trying to figure out which one it is. Still a HELL of a deal either way.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I recevied my Ram Extended Warranty today. I missed it when I purchased an extended warranty for my 2018 but excluded items include a number of exterior items including water leaks, trim, and a number of interior items such as carpet, upholstery, door handles, SHOP SUPPLIES, waste disposal fees, etc. See below screenshot from my extended warranty...plus the fact the 48V battery isn't covered...not worth the up front cost in my opinion.

upload_2020-10-24_16-18-57.png

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I recevied my Ram Extended Warranty today. The Maxcare used to cover almost everything on the truck but it appears MOPAR has decided to exclude a number of items which now, in my opinion, makes it worth cancelling and never purchasing one again. The excluded items now cover a number of exterior items including water leaks, trim, and a number of interior items such as carpet, upholstery, door handles, SHOP SUPPLIES, waste disposal fees, etc. See below screenshot from my extended warranty...plus the fact the 48V battery isn't covered...not worth the up front cost in my opinion.

The best one could possibly do is purchase the much cheaper extended warranty to cover the engine and transmission only.

View attachment 225464
Yep... Just got my 7/125 Maxcare for my 5th gen in the mail today and read the same thing. Kind of concerning with the lack of waterleak coverage considering how often the 3rd brake lights leaked in the past and ruined headliners, etc. (Maxcare I had on the previous really covered just about everything). Guess the new owners are tightening the belt.

I do believe there's a separate high voltage/hybrid battery system warranty mentioned in the others manual/materials... Just need to go check it at some point.

M² Mods.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Yes, the 48V battery is covered under a manufacturers warranty if 8 years and a number of miles. However you will see hybrid systems are not...makes me wonder if the eTorque unit sitting on top of the engine is not covered in the extended warranty.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm...I might sign up for that Geico policy. Just paid off my 2016 charger scat pack...it only has like 22k miles on it.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...I might sign up for that Geico policy. Just paid off my 2016 charger scat pack...it only has like 22k miles on it.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
As long as you do it within the first 12 mos/12K miles you’re good to go.