EZ-Lynk for ecodiesel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carlcochran79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I had my XD I was considering ez-lynk. Some of the tunes were better than others according to those that had already deleted and tuned with ez-lynk. Just depends on who you are getting the tunes from as it is not ez-lynk providing the tunes. I will say for stage 5 some people ere gtting some really good numbers out of the 5.0 cummins in the XD so it is entirely possible stage 5 would produce that much more HP out of the eco diesel.

OP
OP
Shawn226

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
When I had my XD I was considering ez-lynk. Some of the tunes were better than others according to those that had already deleted and tuned with ez-lynk. Just depends on who you are getting the tunes from as it is not ez-lynk providing the tunes. I will say for stage 5 some people ere gtting some really good numbers out of the 5.0 cummins in the XD so it is entirely possible stage 5 would produce that much more HP out of the eco diesel.

Okay so that is the main question then is where are the tunes coming from for the ezlynk for the ecodiesel. Pointing me in the right direction. Thanks

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Just pointing out, you might want to take those numbers with a grain of salt if you're looking at the EcoD. I remember reading on GDE's site (I think but I can't find the correct article again) that the ceiling limitation on the 3.0L EcoD was actually the diameter on the intake port of the Turbo. I don't remember exact numbers or anything but I do remember that was a conclusion they had drawn about the EcoD engine.

Just food for thought.

OP
OP
Shawn226

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Just pointing out, you might want to take those numbers with a grain of salt if you're looking at the EcoD. I remember reading on GDE's site (I think but I can't find the correct article again) that the ceiling limitation on the 3.0L EcoD was actually the diameter on the intake port of the Turbo. I don't remember exact numbers or anything but I do remember that was a conclusion they had drawn about the EcoD engine.

Just food for thought.
Well that’s where part of my curiosity lies, is that PPEI has a 60+hp tune and that’s the highest I’ve seen for these engines to date minus what that link claims.. and if you are paying 1300$ for the ezlynk and it doesn’t even come with tunes on it, seems overpriced for me, especially if the ecodiesel ecm is still needing bench flashed.

That’s pretty much what draws me to my main ponderance about this product on that website. Is there a company who now says you don’t need to bench flash? If so what company? I’m gathering this was just a misinformed product description.

Donutsahoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Well that’s where part of my curiosity lies, is that PPEI has a 60+hp tune and that’s the highest I’ve seen for these engines to date minus what that link claims.. and if you are paying 1300$ for the ezlynk and it doesn’t even come with tunes on it, seems overpriced for me, especially if the ecodiesel ecm is still needing bench flashed.

That’s pretty much what draws me to my main ponderance about this product on that website. Is there a company who now says you don’t need to bench flash? If so what company? I’m gathering this was just a misinformed product description.
It's definitely lacking in some of the minor specifics, you know, like how the thing actually works and what the process for installation is.

carlcochran79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay so that is the main question then is where are the tunes coming from for the ezlynk for the ecodiesel. Pointing me in the right direction. Thanks
Unfortunately I dont know anything about bfd. They were not offering a tune for the XD when I had one so I never looked into them. Hopefully someone here will have tried them out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk