Facelifted 2025 Ram 1500 Gets an Unofficial Presentation Displaying Several Ritzy Colors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1695486592784.png

Instead, forced out of its January slot by the hype surrounding CES in Las Vegas, the Detroit Auto Show has turned into an awkward representative of the fall season. However, there's an issue – it sits between the incredible Monterey Car Week, which has been absolutely spectacular this year, and the traditional autumn representative – the LA Auto Show.

Luckily for NAIAS, the Big Detroit Three kept it afloat with the official introduction of the refreshed 2024 Jeep Gladiator mid-size pickup truck, the double GM premiere of the facelifted 2025 Cadillac CT5 business sedan and the next-gen GMC Acadia full-size three-row crossover SUV, plus the arrival of the updated 2024 Ford F-150.

Of course, as far as full-size light-duty fans are concerned, the latter was the main event of the Detroit Auto Show – and now everyone across the segment is expected to prepare a measured response. According to the rumor mill, of course, both General Motors and Stellantis are not standing idle. The former will allegedly task Chevrolet with the introduction of an all-new Silverado generation sometime next year – for the 2025 model year.

1695486674040.png

Meanwhile, Ram Trucks is not only working on the Ram 1500 REV but also on the mid-cycle facelift for the fifth generation 1500 series, as per spied prototypes. Naturally, that has also attracted the attention of the imaginative realm of digital car content creators, who would love to share their vision of the refreshed Ram 1500.

The good folks over at the AutoYa info channel on YouTube have also imagined the CGI looks of the upcoming 2024 or 2025 model year Ram 1500 full-size pickup truck, with the host claiming that Stellantis is probably thinking about preparing a well-rounded package with exterior design modifications, interior styling and technology upgrades, and slightly reworked powertrain options.

As far as the latter section is concerned, the biggest news might be the long-awaited introduction of the 3.0-liter twin-turbo inline-six mill in place of the Hemi V8, which should still come out mighty with more than 500 horsepower and 500 lb-ft of torque on tap. Inside, a new central screen is probably the most logical choice, per the channel's resident pixel master.

The latter was tasked with reworking the exterior too, of course – and the unofficial presentation includes a subtly revised design for the taillights plus a more obvious rework of the front fascia. As per tradition, the hypothetical 2025 Ram 1500 facelift wasn't presented alone but accompanied by a set of luxurious colors for the body to put all the changes in perspective. So, which one is your favorite shade?

1695486725958.png

Article courtesy of AutoEvolution

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Car & Driver tested a Grand Wagoneer with the Hurricane Six and reported 4.7s 0-60 and 20MPG highway. Long term durability may be a question but the performance numbers are hard to beat.

The bigger issue is PRICE. Per Road & Track the average car on American roads is 12.5 years old and the average new car transaction is approaching $50,000. A lot of middle class families are being priced out of new cars and a lot of lower class folks are being priced out of car ownership period.

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like boats? I was dismayed when I visited a boat show to learn that there is a 20 year boat loan! Gotta have a car in some parts of the country and even some professions. But a boat? Hmmm… how bad would that stink to think your boat is tired and still have 8 years to pay on it! Yikes!

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
20 years is nothing for a boat, especially the larger ones. You watch Deadliest Catch? Those boats are from the 70's and 80's. They're built to be durable and hard working.

My 2019 1500 Classic is covered through Mopar, bumper to bumper out to 2028 or 85,000mi. I knew about the potential for lifter trouble going in, so I went ahead and paid extra for the extended warranty.

GM just recently put a standard 10 year warranty on the turbo four in Silverado. If manufacturers are willing to build a quality product and stand by it banks feel more confident in financing it for a long tine... which seems to be the direction the automotive market is heading. Only the wealthy will be able to afford a new car every three or four years, everyone else is going to be driving what they've got for 10 to 15 years.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
interesting....mortgage payments on vehicles. let's see where the UAW strike ends up. That new truck price just might increase a bit, and, the FEDS are considering yet another interest rate hike.

MaximusAurelius

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those rubber band tires on a truck are just too low profile for me.
I couldn't agree more, it looks like it has been designed as a cool truck, not a pickup, and one that is used as a truck. Tires that short also make it ride like a tank. Sorry not for me.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still think it was a mistake for Dodge/Ram to drop the cross hair grille. That was their trademark for several generations and made Ram trucks instantly recognizable on the roads. If you've got to stick your name in HUGE letters on the front and rear you've failed in designing a recognizable product.

Look at Mustang. Nowhere on the car is the word "Mustang" actually printed. The Ford blue oval is nowhere to be found. The public sees the car and *instantly* knows what it is. Even people who don't necessarily follow cars recognize it. That is a successful design.

Sadly most modern cars are designed by committee. A shape which offends the least number of people also inspires the least number. It's why all the mid-size sedans and SUVs have enormous badging. Without those badges the general public would not be able to tell a Malibu from an Accord from a Camry. They're all the same generic aero blob.

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
who knew we had a cybertruck advocate on here? No badges, recognizable design, polarizing love or hate design language. Elon for the win. All he has to do now is build them I guess?

FN 2187

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI eTorque
Like boats? I was dismayed when I visited a boat show to learn that there is a 20 year boat loan! Gotta have a car in some parts of the country and even some professions. But a boat? Hmmm… how bad would that stink to think your boat is tired and still have 8 years to pay on it! Yikes!
I understand your mindset, but a properly maintained boat, barring an accident, should last a minimum of 25 years. My boat is a 1998 and looks and runs as good as new--but it takes work to keep it looking and performing well. But I'll tell you, if you think truck prices are out of control, don't price a new boat...

FN 2187

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI eTorque
Exactly! The prices are beyond ridiculous.
The worst thing that could have happened to true truck guys is trucks becoming trendy/popular with yuppies (and I'm not knocking their choices in vehicles, rather stating a fact). The extra demand for vehicles and the demand for high end creature comforts (which is still relatively new in the grand scheme of things) has put a hurting on true truck enthusiasts because several features that used to be high end options are now standard--thus the price of "entry level" trucks pushes higher and higher.