Factory Ram mudflaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loansinpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you were thinking of putting on a set of those bad boys...note...they cover up an awful lot of the fender flare. Personally, I'm not going to put them on but here's an idea of how much if you were thinking about them

IMG_3810.JPG

They line up and fit well - I'm just opting against the look. I guess if I drove in a lot of gravel, they would be more beneficial to protecting that lower body.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
If you use the rubber mud flaps they just mount in the wheel well :)

OP
OP
Loansinpa

Loansinpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you use the rubber mud flaps they just mount in the wheel well :)

Yep, I imagine there will be something else out there to better fit my needs (under, not around). Just putting it out there for anyone who was considering them...to know how they mount up before buying.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Yep, I imagine there will be something else out there to better fit my needs (under, not around). Just putting it out there for anyone who was considering them...to know how they mount up before buying.
You make a valid point and could save someone for wasting $$$ on flaps lol

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
They also reduce the amount of space when turning the wheels so you won't be able to fit tires that are larger than stock. I'm planning on removing mine.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
They also reduce the amount of space when turning the wheels so you won't be able to fit tires that are larger than stock. I'm planning on removing mine.
Did not know that! You must have big tires !

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
Did not know that! You must have big tires !

No just stock. But the flaps curve into the wheel well which is pretty dumb.
41398f2eb61b73eb6654611846854b54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Loansinpa

Loansinpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

That they may...I have front ones I didn't even open but if needed, can take a shot of that one too.

...but, you beat me to it. :)

cbrcelotti

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Rebel
Engine
Does anyone know if the rubber mud flaps from the 4th gen Ram will fit on the new one.
Not a fan of these plastic ones and see no rubber option yet.

omnomnomnom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know if the rubber mud flaps from the 4th gen Ram will fit on the new one.
Not a fan of these plastic ones and see no rubber option yet.

I too am looking for pics and options in this space.

LaserMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had a set of the rubber mud flaps from one of my 4th gens and while they could be made to work, they weren't a great fit. The body lines were just different enough that it didn't look/fit great.

I've got the plastic Mopar ones on my Ram now and am not a fan. They don't protect the best against rocks and debris and I don't think they look as good as the rubber ones.

I've been keeping an eye on the Gatorback mudflaps waiting for them to release ones for the 2019 and they finally did. I found them on the site sharptruck.com and I think they're worth a look for anybody interested. I just ordered a set that should be showing up this week. There's videos of the installs for the 2019 on youtube so you can see how they look on the truck.

omnomnomnom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a set of the rubber mud flaps from one of my 4th gens and while they could be made to work, they weren't a great fit. The body lines were just different enough that it didn't look/fit great.

I've got the plastic Mopar ones on my Ram now and am not a fan. They don't protect the best against rocks and debris and I don't think they look as good as the rubber ones.

I've been keeping an eye on the Gatorback mudflaps waiting for them to release ones for the 2019 and they finally did. I found them on the site sharptruck.com and I think they're worth a look for anybody interested. I just ordered a set that should be showing up this week. There's videos of the installs for the 2019 on youtube so you can see how they look on the truck.

Did you install these? Happy with them / other feedback / pics?

LaserMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Did you install these? Happy with them / other feedback / pics?
I haven’t had a chance yet but hope to get to it within the next couple of days. I’ll post some pics and everything once done.

LaserMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Finally got them installed and I think they’re great. They’re nice heavy duty rubber and install was really easy. Much more coverage than the molded plastic ones.

14904E2E-9EF6-41E3-A2A2-71F04EFAB863.jpeg 4AC071BC-4F3C-4824-ADE9-4192D5A1291E.jpeg 1537456F-F3A2-43F2-B0C5-5794DD3D86DC.jpeg

577ECD01-E4C4-4FEE-A5BD-AEA0B1058CAC.jpeg

Rockyhammock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where did you find those. I finally found my side window visors, but need mudflaps. Can you remove the small flaps that came with truck?

LaserMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Where did you find those. I finally found my side window visors, but need mudflaps. Can you remove the small flaps that came with truck?
I got them from Sharptruck.com. They’re Gatorback flaps. You can remove the factory plastic pieces if you want but they add to the strength of the flaps I think.

Rockyhammock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got them from Sharptruck.com. They’re Gatorback flaps. You can remove the factory plastic pieces if you want but they add to the strength of the flaps I think.

Were these specifically for the 2019 model or would they fit many applications?

DizzyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you were thinking of putting on a set of those bad boys...note...they cover up an awful lot of the fender flare. Personally, I'm not going to put them on but here's an idea of how much if you were thinking about them

View attachment 136223

They line up and fit well - I'm just opting against the look. I guess if I drove in a lot of gravel, they would be more beneficial to protecting that lower body.
Can they be painted to match the color of the truck

dreinert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I picked up the weathertech splash guards. Fit was better than the official ram ones, they don't overhang past the fender flare so they look clean. Install was ~20min total for all 4.