Factory tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
I am keeping the Transforce tires until they wear out. The new Ram is performing great on ice and snow and mud. No problems so far at all. Only 11k miles so far, but I cannot imagine wearing them out in 20-25 k miles like some people report.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am keeping the Transforce tires until they wear out. The new Ram is performing great on ice and snow and mud. No problems so far at all. Only 11k miles so far, but I cannot imagine wearing them out in 20-25 k miles like some people report.
I'm happy with mine so far, too. What size are yours and what does your manual and door pillar call for as a tire pressure front and back?

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I've still got the Transforce on the spare rim. I had to use it a couple months after I bought my new to me truck over a year ago. Could definitely tell which one was the Transforce while driving with others on Toyo's at the time. I had just moved the Transforce spare to a rim to match too, so was/and still is balanced/air'd up/near new tread/etc. I'll keep it as a spare until it starts showing age issues (assuming it's original, so that may be soon), but just that one experience I don't think I'll be buying a set of them myself intentionally.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I've still got the Transforce on the spare rim. I had to use it a couple months after I bought my new to me truck over a year ago. Could definitely tell which one was the Transforce while driving with others on Toyo's at the time. I had just moved the Transforce spare to a rim to match too, so was/and still is balanced/air'd up/near new tread/etc. I'll keep it as a spare until it starts showing age issues (assuming it's original, so that may be soon), but just that one experience I don't think I'll be buying a set of them myself intentionally.
Really depends on how you use the pickup. Towing, pavement, good gravel, packed snow or ice, no mud or real deep snow they are actually a really good tire. As far as being an AT goes, not even close. My wife's Jeep has Michellin X-ice snows on it and they are WAY better than the Transforce in deep snow and would be better in mud too.

Right tire depends a tremendous amount on exactly what you are doing with them. I love Duratracs but they sure aren't the right choice for the majority of pickup owners.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Really depends on how you use the pickup. Towing, pavement, good gravel, packed snow or ice, no mud or real deep snow they are actually a really good tire. As far as being an AT goes, not even close. My wife's Jeep has Michellin X-ice snows on it and they are WAY better than the Transforce in deep snow and would be better in mud too.

Right tire depends a tremendous amount on exactly what you are doing with them. I love Duratracs but they sure aren't the right choice for the majority of pickup owners.
It was raining the 2-3 days I have the spare on the truck, so maybe that. I dunno.

I agree, about depending on use statement. Right tool for the right job mentality. For me those couple of days with mild driving on pavement the Transforce won't be my go to tire due to this experience.

OP
OP
jejb

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You woke up an older thread here, but I don't blame you for running them until they are worn out. Makes sense economically. I'm happy I made the switch right away to Michelins though. The Firestones were wallowy and didn't have a good sense of what straight ahead was. Problems that went away with quality tires installed.

Last edited:

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I sold mine to a co-worker for $500 before I had 100 miles on them. Switched to Nittos. I've been running Nittos or BFGs for probably 15 years or more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500