Falcon Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scoobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wondering why I haven’t seen more chatter about the Falcon Sport shock kit? There have been a couple of posts, but I am surprised there isn't more, as these seem to be a pretty awesome option.

The stance of the truck in their marketing content is the look I want out of my truck. If their claims are legit, they seem to be a large step up from a 6112, great performers, and more on par with something from the big 3.

Am I missing something here?

35F3D3E2-E2E4-491A-A45F-D46F382A7816.jpeg

1008F2B3-774D-4AFF-B247-89B6ABF0BCD3.jpeg

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Wondering why I haven’t seen more chatter about the Falcon Sport shock kit? There have been a couple of posts, but I am surprised there isn't more, as these seem to be a pretty awesome option.

The stance of the truck in their marketing content is the look I want out of my truck. If their claims are legit, they seem to be a large step up from a 6112, great performers, and more on par with something from the big 3.

Am I missing something here?

View attachment 163651

View attachment 163652

If they added their own coil spring in their $1300 price point they would for sure sell more. But people do research and see the Bilstein 6112’s with their own springs for a couple dollars less and go for it.
Here’s a legitimate question
How can you market that your shock is tuned to a factory spring when the factory springs have such a huge margin? Truck measurements are all over the place, most buyers including myself would opt for a proprietary system for anything above the $800 mark.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
In your defense @Scoobie this forum is flooded with the 5100 Bilsteins I didn’t even know of the 6112’s until 6-8 months of reading this forum.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/0...aFlex-Falcon-Sport-Shock-Leveling-System.html

Here's a good over view of a falcon truck system. These guys are pretty good as i dealt with them when I had my f150 and they know their stuff. The falcons are pretty much in line with 6112s. So pick your poison. I like how the 6112s came with their own coil and are tuned to that rate, and they are a bit cheaper, with height options. To each his own, I was looking at the falcons as well, but without any info under an eco diesel j went with 6112s

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
In your defense @Scoobie this forum is flooded with the 5100 Bilsteins I didn’t even know of the 6112’s until 6-8 months of reading this forum.
You'd think 5100s were the end all be all! Granted I'm running them in the rear of my truck, but I'm not impressed by 5100s. They sucked on my f150, and they surely can't keep up with my 6112s up front. But they work for now.

Scoobie I will say, if you hit washboard roads the 5100s will make you wish you'd gotten something different.

OP
OP
Scoobie

Scoobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve been digging for info for a while, trying to find a kit that offers improved performance on and off road, and I have been tempted by the 6112 and eibach kit. But when I compare against those two, the falcons seem to be nicer. More on par with something you would get from one of the big 3.

I questioned the lack of springs and also, the bump stops - maybe they are compensating for inconsistent spring rates with something to absorb the hit when it bottoms out? I dunno - I’m not a suspension engineer. But the price and lack of spring makes me wonder if they are gouging or if you really are getting what you pay for, by way of a higher quality shock than the kits that come with a spring.

Not sure if it’s worth adding a set of eibach springs to get a consistent rate, if they are “optimized” for stock springs. But I do like the idea of a better than average shock kit with adjustability that allows me to have the truck level, and stiffen up the back when I’m hauling weight to prevent sag...

Plus both of their marketing trucks look awesome. That’s the stance I want, and I’ve not seen many trucks with a shock/level that have that same “pre runner” type look...now I just gotta figure out what is needed to stuff 37s under it like the truck on the bottom :)

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I’ve been digging for info for a while, trying to find a kit that offers improved performance on and off road, and I have been tempted by the 6112 and eibach kit. But when I compare against those two, the falcons seem to be nicer. More on par with something you would get from one of the big 3.

I questioned the lack of springs and also, the bump stops - maybe they are compensating for inconsistent spring rates with something to absorb the hit when it bottoms out? I dunno - I’m not a suspension engineer. But the price and lack of spring makes me wonder if they are gouging or if you really are getting what you pay for, by way of a higher quality shock than the kits that come with a spring.

Not sure if it’s worth adding a set of eibach springs to get a consistent rate, if they are “optimized” for stock springs. But I do like the idea of a better than average shock kit with adjustability that allows me to have the truck level, and stiffen up the back when I’m hauling weight to prevent sag...

Plus both of their marketing trucks look awesome. That’s the stance I want, and I’ve not seen many trucks with a shock/level that have that same “pre runner” type look...now I just gotta figure out what is needed to stuff 37s under it like the truck on the bottom :)
6112s are not comparable to the eibachs. 6112s are a bit above the fox 2.0 coilovers. 5100s and eibachs are basically the same, aside from the coil option. 6112s/falcon are at or a bit better than fox 2.0 than you have icon and kings.

Without having run falcons I can't say that they aren't hyped up a bit, but they aren't a slouch setup either. Idk why bilstein didn't advertise these 6112s better, but they for sure are coilover territory in my experience. I don't push my truck enough on long stretches to really see if they could hang, but they are levels better than 5100s etc. You really won't go wrong with either, I just came across 6112s and wanted them more and i had minimal down time in my truck since i didn't need the stock spring. That was a huge factor for me.

As for 37s, 0 offset (ish) on the wheels, a level and minimal trimming along with heating and remold of the fender liners. If I didn't drive 125 miles a day id be on 37s.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Search *cloudlight* he posted a how to fit 37s thread in good detail.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Yellow98stang is running the Falcons, see here https://www.ramforum.com/threads/falcon-shocks-sport-kit-readylift-upper-control-arms.137459/
They're really nice shocks, i know them from the Jeep world, they have 3-4 different variations with/without reservoirs etc in that application, and everybody who has a set swears by them.

I'd guess in our case they're matched to the factory RAM 1500 springs but i'd also guess you can run them with the Eibach springs front and Eibach 1" in the back.
Based on the current Eibach threads we can only think Eibach spring rates are pretty much factory spring rates with a little longer coils. Falcons have way better dampening than 5100's for sure and more inline with 6112's, but as opposed to 6112's you can get them now :) and you also get the matching rear shocks from Falcon as opposed to the 5100 series for Bilstein in the back. Caveats from Falcon they're sold as a kit so you can't separate front and rear to save some dove, and like Bistein 6112's they can be fully serviced when rebuild time comes but only by Bilstein in case of 6112's and Falcon if you need Falcon shock services, 5100 and 5160's are not serviceable units so you're pretty much paying almost the same price when you go with a 5160 as Icon or Fox 2.0, the last 2 are fully serviceable and you can have them revalved, 5100 series anything are throw away shocks.

OP
OP
Scoobie

Scoobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@hodge-xj & @ram1500rsm thanks for the guidance. Much appreciated.

The @Yellow98stang thread was the first I had seen of the falcon kit, and only stumbled on to it recently. Interested to hear what he thinks now that he has miles on it.

I want to do something similar - shock upgrade and upper control arms, but probably with a little more tire.

Back when I started pricing kits, I wanted to get the 6112/5160 setup. Because the 6112 is hard to come by now, I’m looking into options...cuz the piggy bank is almost full and Im almost ready to party.

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
@hodge-xj & @ram1500rsm thanks for the guidance. Much appreciated.

The @Yellow98stang thread was the first I had seen of the falcon kit, and only stumbled on to it recently. Interested to hear what he thinks now that he has miles on it.

I want to do something similar - shock upgrade and upper control arms, but probably with a little more tire.

Back when I started pricing kits, I wanted to get the 6112/5160 setup. Because the 6112 is hard to come by now, I’m looking into options...cuz the piggy bank is almost full and Im almost ready to party.

I'm right there with you, although I'm probably not going to be able to buy for at least another year. Here are the options that I'm considering (and that I change my mind on a daily basis):

- The Falcon kit is intriguing, but something about retaining the stock springs at that price point doesn't feel right. Pairing the Eibach springs with Falcon seems somewhat counter intuitive when you read the detailed Falcon description about the work they did to have their shocks balance with the stock springs.

- The full Eibach Pro truck kit has a great price and that 3.5" lift setting is cool, but I don't believe it is that much more capable than 5100s.

- I think the Bilstein 6112s are great, but really wish Bilstein would offer something comparable for the rear shocks - if they did have something better than 5100/5160 for the rear, I'd go all Bilstein for sure, along with their rear spring.

- Fox 2.0s are another option around that price point. I don't like that they only go up 2" lift though, and am not interested in cranking them higher than recommended.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Shock surplus has 6112s in stock and charges like $150 to assemble set to your height choice. Just an fyi

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well since the piggy bank is pretty much full, you have to see this in a much broader way.
6112's assembled are $828 from shock surplus, you'll spend a lot more than that if you try to assemble yourself with new parts as to not mess with your own struts, That way you have a fall back option on the fly. My fallback is Rancho QL with 9000's in the back, i don't care about stock suspension anything other my front LCA's and rear arms hahaha. Assembled 6112's are a deal if you can get them that way. Bilstein 25-242393 (5160's) are $199 each from the same website, though you get a better deal if your order as a kit. you'll be looking at around $1200 roughly, whenever is available. it might be more or less depending of vendors.

You also have Fox 2.0 full kit, (2.0 CO's and 2.0 rear shocks) often overlooked because of it's price and because you're only lifting your front 2". This is the only CO in the market for the 1500 that don't offer a fully adjustable option as you have to compress the spring to adjust it, but it's not recommended to go above 2" anyways so you're pretty much stock at 2" without a spring compressor. Should ride well on the street if you're not looking to lift more than that and should also work well for light offroading duties. price should be around $1200 or so

Falcon Sport Kit is $1299 though Amazon is listing them at $1229 but shipping says 1-3 months, i guess an error ?
Falcon Sport/Haul $1529 which gives a little piggyback for the rear shocks with a knob adjusters to change what they call Zone control, prob everybody will set the knob in the middle position , this doesn't include assembly so if you're do it yourself install is free, is you have a shop doing they'll charge couple of hours for your old stuff disassembly and new assembly. You want a fall back setup to avoid downtime when the time to get your stuff rebuilt comes in, unless of course you feel paying $1200 again to have a 2nd set, i've seen it done with more expensive setups so i wouldn't be surprised, it's your money after all, otherwsie a trip to Autozone for some Monroe parts and some cheapo spacers will get you by while you ship your setup for service. same with 6112's, same with race shocks, though the last you could do it yourself for cheap, prob you'll spend more on those Monroe parts than the seals and oil needed to rebuild your race shocks. always think downtime will be needed anyways when you need to rebuild your shocks so be ready for it.

Then you have Icon Stage 1 for about $1600, don't know if Nick@gotexhaust can give you a better price than list on any of this items, but with Icon you have nothing to assemble and it comes pre-setup for 2.5" lift from what Icon told me and for what Bruiser has shown in his Icon built. best thing on this setup it comes with HD springs so you can keep most of your the height with a heavy bumper /winch etc. (to a point, you can crank a little bit more if needed, maybe around 1/2" but you can also choose a heavier/longer spring before you buy so it'll be no cost and they'll install it for you if you have plans for heavy mods/accesories in the front)

That's about as cheap as you can go with entry level performance suspension systems, Though the Icon option is more than entry level as you're getting a performance 2.5 CO in the front. For the rear you get fully serviceable 2.0 shocks than can also be revalved to suite your needs.

From here on there everything else from King/Fox/Radflo and Icon starts at around $2.2 and goes up from there depending on manufacturer/vendor. All these prices doesn't include your choice of UCA, you'll be wise to go with an aftermarket option... spend once, cry once. :)

Have fun.

Last edited:

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Well since the piggy bank is pretty much full, you have to see this in a much broader way.
6112's assembled are $828 from shock surplus, you'll spend a lot more than that if you try to assemble yourself with new parts as to not mess with your own struts, That way you have a fall back option on the fly. My fallback is Rancho QL with 9000's in the back, i don't care about stock suspension anything other my front LCA's and rear arms hahaha. Assembled 6112's are a deal if you can get them that way. Bistein 25-242393 (5160's) are $199 each from the same website, though you get a better deal if your order as a kit. you'l be looking at around $1200 roughly, whenever is avaialble. it might be more or less depending of vendors.

Falcon Sport Kit is $1299 though Amazon is listing them at $1229 but shipping says 1-3 months, i guess an error ?
Falcon Sport/Haul $1529 which gives a little piggyback for the rear shocks with a knob adjusters to change what they call Zone control, prob everybody will set the know in the middle position , this doesn't include assembly so if you're do it yourself install is free, is you have a shop doing they'll charge couple of hours for your old stuff disassembly and new assembly. You want a fall back setup to avoid downtime when the time to get your stuff rebuilt comes in, unless of course you feel paying $1200 again to have a 2nd set, i've seen it done with more expensive setups so i wouldn't be surprised, it's your money after all, otherwsie a trip to Autozone for some Monroe parts and some cheapo spacers will get you by while you ship your setup for service. same with 6112's, same with race shocks, though the last you could do it yourself for cheap, prob you'll spend more on those Monroe parts than the seals and oil needed to rebuild your race shocks. always think downtime will be needed anyways when you need to rebuild your shocks so be ready for it.

Then you have Icon Stage 1 for about $1600, don't know if Nick@gotexhaust can give you a better price than list on any of this items, but with Icon you have nothing to assemble and it comes pre-setup for 2.5" lift from what Icon told me and for what Bruiser has shown in his Icon built. best thing on this setup it comes with HD springs so you can keep most of your the height with a heavy bumper /winch etc. (to a point, you can crank a little bit more if needed, maybe around 1/2" but you can also choose a heavier/longer spring before you buy so it'll be no cost and they'll install it for you if you have plans for heavy mods/accesories in the front)

That's about as cheap as you can go with entry level performance suspension systems, from there everything else from King/Fox/Radflo and Icon starts at around $2.2 and goes up from there, all prices doesn't include your choice of UCA, you'll be wise to go with an aftermarket option, spend once, cry once. :)

Have fun.

Good write up on the low end performance options and thought process with each. Add in Fox 2.0 as another option there, Kore has them packaged for $1,200.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good write up on the low end performance options and thought process with each. Add in Fox 2.0 as another option there, Kore has them packaged for $1,200.
Done, though this options are not exactly low end performance per se. With Icon stage 1 you get a 2.5 body race coilover without a reservoir so basically this cuts down on the price. Stage 1 also gives you a 2.0 race shock in the back fully serviceable but with no res either so the price goes down as well.

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Done, though this options are not exactly low end performance per se. With Icon stage 1 you get a 2.5 body race coilover without a reservoir so basically this cuts down on the price. Stage 1 also gives you a 2.0 race shock in the back fully serviceable but with no res either so the price goes down as well.

When those 4 options are all laid out as you made them above, the Icon stage 1 seems to stand out as the best option IMO - although, it is of course the most expensive in the group. I think that each one of those suspension packages would be solid performers for daily street driven, occasionally off road trucks.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6112's assembled are $828 from shock surplus, you'll spend a lot more than that if you try to assemble yourself with new parts as to not mess with your own struts, That way you have a fall back option on the fly. My fallback is Rancho QL with 9000's in the back, i don't care about stock suspension anything other my front LCA's and rear arms hahaha. Assembled 6112's are a deal if you can get them that way. Bilstein 25-242393 (5160's) are $199 each from the same website, though you get a better deal if your order as a kit. you'll be looking at around $1200 roughly, whenever is available. it might be more or less depending of vendors.

You also have Fox 2.0 full kit, (2.0 CO's and 2.0 rear shocks) often overlooked because of it's price and because you're only lifting your front 2". This is the only CO in the market for the 1500 that don't offer a fully adjustable option as you have to compress the spring to adjust it, but it's not recommended to go above 2" anyways so you're pretty much stock at 2" without a spring compressor. Should ride well on the street if you're not looking to lift more than that and should also work well for light offroading duties. price should be around $1200 or so

Falcon Sport/Haul $1529 which gives a little piggyback for the rear shocks with a knob adjusters to change what they call Zone control, prob everybody will set the know in the middle position , this doesn't include assembly so if you're do it yourself install is free, is you have a shop doing they'll charge couple of hours for your old stuff disassembly and new assembly. You want a fall back setup to avoid downtime when the time to get your stuff rebuilt comes in, unless of course you feel paying $1200 again to have a 2nd set, i've seen it done with more expensive setups so i wouldn't be surprised, it's your money after all, otherwsie a trip to Autozone for some Monroe parts and some cheapo spacers will get you by while you ship your setup for service. same with 6112's, same with race shocks, though the last you could do it yourself for cheap, prob you'll spend more on those Monroe parts than the seals and oil needed to rebuild your race shocks. always think downtime will be needed anyways when you need to rebuild your shocks so be ready for it.

That's about as cheap as you can go with entry level performance suspension systems, Though the Icon option is more than entry level as you're getting a performance 2.5 CO in the front. For the rear you get fully serviceable 2.0 shocks than can also be revalved to suite your needs.

From here on there everything else from King/Fox/Radflo and Icon starts at around $2.2 and goes up from there depending on manufacturer/vendor. All these prices doesn't include your choice of UCA, you'll be wise to go with an aftermarket option... spend once, cry once. :)

Have fun.

Nice write up. For anyone interested we offer all the options listed and can offer great forum discount pricing on them. We have sold many of the kits listed and can setup anyone interested with what fits their needs and budget. Myself and my coworkers have lots of experience with suspensions and had our hands on many brands. we can help you get dialed in on a great setup. This is one of the mods that can make you either love or hate your truck. Please do your research and talk to your vendor of choice(hopefully me ;) ) to make sure the option you pick will work for you and what you plan to do down the road. What may work for one person may not work for another as how the truck is used especially when talking 2.0's. the higher end kits are a little more versatile. This is an area that I will recommend saving and going a little over kill on it. As it will pay every time you daily it or send it off road.

Yellow98stang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can't compare any of the other options to my Falcons. I loved the way the truck rode stock, so I actually liked the idea of retaining the factory springs with the Falcon setup. I love the way it rides. Very similar to stock just driving around, way more controlled at speed, over bumps and way less bouncy over speed bumps, curbs, etc. I would absolutely do this setup again. Control arms were just added insurance so I wouldn't have to worry about the ball joints.