FCA emissions recall 67A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got caught up in the VW 3.0 TDI defeat device/ scandal with a Touareg my wife had. We took the $11k and had is reprogrammed by the dealer. It began shifting much higher in the RPM range and lost a couple MPG. It also had increase DEF fluid usage. I think it lost 10hp and 15 ft/lbs of torque if I remember correctly. Behaved more like a gasser with less lugging around in low RPM. Hopefully the Cummins fix isn’t like that, wouldn’t be good for a heavy duty truck. Too bad they aren’t compensating the truck owners for diminished performance if there is any. I’m guessing there is some politics involved with stapling a German company’s ass to the wall vs an American company like Cummins.

Well based on the eco-diesel fiasco, I think anyone who has skepticism about this recall is justified. Whether it results in unintended consequences remains to be seen. Some have had issues almost immediately afterwards, while others claim no impact. If the Extended warranty pans out, then I think I'll take chance as I'm nearing the end of My Emissions warranty.

K Price

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
On another but maybe related note, does anyone know if a signal could be sent to my truck via Uconnect to send it into "limp" mode?

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
On another but maybe related note, does anyone know if a signal could be sent to my truck via Uconnect to send it into "limp" mode?

Technically yes, but they'll only do it under specific certain conditions in such cases as if it is involved in theft. IIRC requirements consist of Police report filed, the owner on the phone with a Uconnect Operator, and a LEO tailing the vehicle.
I believe it is written in the policy somewhere or on the Uconnect website.

K Price

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I appreciate the reply. I had a feeling it would be a little more involved process that a vindictive service tech.

mactiger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Reading a lot of these, I'll add my bit. Had my 2016 2500 in for the emissions software update, now the truck does NOT pass smog and therefore the truck can't complete it's DMV reg. OBD is not reading the O2 sensor. Dealer says I need to drive it 1 - 2 K miles. So here we are 2500 miles later, OBD is STILL not reading the O2 sensor. I'd like to know where my share of the 1.6 BILLION settlement dollar is. My cost per mile, and now a trip to DMV to get an extension to my registration should warrant more than a 10% discount on my next oil change. Crap like this does not bode well for future sales of Ram or Cummins.
My experience March 2024. My Ram 2500 went for 67A recall. The minute I drove away I got engine light on. Code P2201 emission related. Have another appointment at the dealer. When I spoke with them they play solid wall. They say it may or may not be related. However Iam hearing lots of people have similars issue after performing same recall

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes others have had the same exact results after getting the recall done, while others claim no impact. I would figure your dealer will play hardball, A fellow on the cummins forum had to pay out of pocket for repair after the recall. BTW, that warranty they keep touting as Good reason to get the recall hasn't panned out for anyone yet. Several folks have checked and even RAMCARES did a run on a vin and no extra warranty is supplied with the recall at this point, your experience may vary.