Replaced Evaporative Emissions System Leak Detection Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
I have 2 codes for a very small leak so I did some research and changed the Evaporative Emissions System Leak Detection Pump on the gas tank.
Now my fuel gauge is not reading correctly. The tank was full now it shows half a tank. Just to make sure I went to fill it up. It took 1 gallon.
Has anyone changed this before and had the same problem?
I am going to take it back off and check with the old one to see if it reads correct again because I am not sure what else to try.
Any insight or experience would be greatly appreciated.
I replaced the original with a Dorman brand.
Thanks in advance

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 2 codes for a very small leak so I did some research and changed the Evaporative Emissions System Leak Detection Pump on the gas tank.
Now my fuel gauge is not reading correctly. The tank was full now it shows half a tank. Just to make sure I went to fill it up. It took 1 gallon.
Has anyone changed this before and had the same problem?
I am going to take it back off and check with the old one to see if it reads correct again because I am not sure what else to try.
Any insight or experience would be greatly appreciated.
I replaced the original with a Dorman brand.
Thanks in advance

You didn’t use an OEM part - that may be the issue.

OP
OP
tnctx02

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
You didn’t use an OEM part - that may be the issue.
After looking at the part closer, they may have given me the wrong part. Inside does not look like the one I took off the tank.
This may be my whole problem.
I replaced the evap purge valve on the engine and all the codes cleared, so 1 problem is solved.

OP
OP
tnctx02

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Replaced the new wrong part with the original and all is good now! Just replaced the seal with a new rubber O ring.
The leak and gas cap codes are gone after replace the purge valve under the hood.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you replace the ESIM, mounted on top of the gas tank, along with the purge valve.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea, that sits on top of the gas tank next to the filler tube, when you overflow the tank by not shutting it off at the first click, gas or fumes get pushed into the ESIM (Evaporative System Integrity Module).

OP
OP
tnctx02

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Yea, that sits on top of the gas tank next to the filler tube, when you overflow the tank by not shutting it off at the first click, gas or fumes get pushed into the ESIM (Evaporative System Integrity Module).
I will look for this and see if I can replace it myself. Thanks for the info!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357