Fender flare install/weather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemipwrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This may sound kinda dumb, I feel dumb for even asking. Bought a set of mopar fender flares yesterday and I really want to get them on the truck but weather is kind of an issue right now. Its in the 20's during the day and single digits at night. Here is my question, does anyone know if the cold weather will have any adverse reactions to the 3m tape on the inside of the flare? I'm worried about it not adhering properly.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
The 3m tape will probably not adhere properly

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have a garage you could put your truck in for a little bit and then put them on?

OP
OP
hemipwrd

hemipwrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It does stay in the garage but the only issue with that is I don't have an insulated door so its still pretty cold. Starting to think my best bet is to wait for it to warm up a bit. Really sucks cause I really wanted the flares and when I found out they came painted in my color I was all over them. Guess I'm gonna have to wait a few months :emotions122:

BigSexyBlue05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 dodge ram quad express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanna see a picture of your truck with the rims.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
blowdryer/heat gun......kerosene heater...I was putting my flares on when it was sleeting but mine just bolt on.. lol