Fender Flare Separating on Brand New Ram Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Anyone have this issue? Brand new tuck with less than 200 miles on it:-(

Bought it from a non local dealer and took it to my local dealer body shop...they took pictures and sent it in to warranty. It's almost been a week though.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1706.jpg
    IMG_1706.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 104

HemiMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They're just stuck on there with two sided tape no biggie... they will take it off, retape the backside of the flare, stick it back on the truck
The only problem I see is you bought your truck from a different dealer and now your local dealers pissed. and warranty work doesn't pay very well

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Definitely warranty and they will respond.

Don't fret...at least they don't have to replace your entire engine under warranty like they had to with mine.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No worries, just take em off yourself and send them to me ! I'll pay shipping ...

Grunt4Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Anyone have this issue? Brand new tuck with less than 200 miles on it:-(

Bought it from a non local dealer and took it to my local dealer body shop...they took pictures and sent it in to warranty. It's almost been a week though.

Thoughts?

Same problem here but on passenger side... noticed it 3 days after I took delivery. Dealer took pics and stated it was covered.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the same issue and waited for a hot day to just press on it and never came of again.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Mine did that when my Longhorn was new. The dealer replaced them and they've been fine ever since.

Awastatyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My rear passenger flares are doing the same thing right now. I need to bring it in to get fixed.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Outdoorsman did this also. They fixed it under warranty in the body shop. They tookt he cheap double sided tape off, and used a better 3m double sided tape. They have been staying on ever since.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems like a adhesive failure from heat or they were installed and buckled from the factory and heat gets them to pop since they are not sitting in their natural shape, if that makes any sense. they prob just remove and remount them.

Are these applied in the same manor that bushwacker installs them ?

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Mine did the same thing when it was new. I didn't bother taking in to the dealer since I didn't have time to be without the truck. Peeled the flares off and replaced the tape with 3M double sided. Haven't had any issues since.

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it's the same adhesive they use to mount the badges than that is the issue. Cheapest stuff I have ever seen. Great if you are trying to de-badge the truck, not so great if you are hoping to keep your flares mounted lol. Should be an easy fix.

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems like a part that shouldn't be applied using FRICKING TAPE!!!!

I had a rocker panel molding fly off the the driver side of my brand new 94 Mustang years ago...
Took it to the dealer and they said they could put it back on no problem "where is it?"

It came off on the 91 freeway and got ran over by 30 cars before I went another 500 feet, really didn't feel like suffering the same fate.... to pick up a beat to shiat peice of plastic.

Had to get FOMOCO involved for the douche-bags to order a new one. paint it, then install it.

Last edited:

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seems like a part that shouldn't be applied using FRICKING TAPE!!!!

I had a rocker panel molding fly off the the driver side of my brand new 94 Mustang years ago...
Took it to the dealer and they said they could put it back on no problem "where is it?"

It came off on the 91 freeway and got ran over by 30 cars before I went another 500 feet, really didn't feel like suffering the same fate.... to pick up a beat to shiat peice of plastic.

Had to get FOMOCO involved for the douche-bags to order a new one. paint it, then install it.

I literally laughed out loud reading this post. :roflsquared:

OP
OP
U

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Tbd

Talked to one dealer and they lied/took forever to respond...went to another local dealership - sent pictures in to warranty - so I will let you know what happens!

Thanks all for replying!