FENDER FLARES?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dc73pdsgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L e-torque
So my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 has the OEM installed fender flares. was thinking about getting larger fender flares for it but then decided to Line-X the flares I have already. I think it looks great and didn't cost me was much to get this done. Line-X removed the flares, sprayed them and reinstalled them.

IMG_0198.jpeg

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Looks really good.
Now you need to consider doing the air dam under the bumper.
It never ends, does it, lol.

John Nelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2019 Big Horn. Looking to get fender flares. I want to get flares that are wider than OEM but not much more. I saw a Warn flare that had built in mud guards, anybody have these? Any recommendations?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much
So my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 has the OEM installed fender flares. was thinking about getting larger fender flares for it but then decided to Line-X the flares I have already. I think it looks great and didn't cost me was much to get this done. Line-X removed the flares, sprayed them and reinstalled them.

View attachment 199032
How much did that set you back?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Meh...to each his own. I'm not really a fan but it's more important that you do. Definitely makes them stand out more.

Montessa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I recently purchased a set of oem mopar flares for my 2020 Longhorn 2500 only to discover that they require holes in the fenders! I had also bought the mopar spats for the whole factory deal. I then bought the oem Bushwacker flares, hoping that I could still use the spats from Mopar . Wrong, they are not a direct copy of the mopar ones and I am not impressed. These trucks have been out for a while now. I don't know why mopar doesn't have a direct replacement for my application that doesn't require holes! Do you guys have any ideas? Thanks

Montessa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
MK70SS, Are your flares Mopar? If so, How did you mount them? Did you use 2 sided tape? I removed all of the push through pins and just bolted them on with the wheel lip screws. I bought the Mopar spats for front and rear but, could only use the fronts. The rears were too short. I did not realize that the spats on the rear are longer due to the 8' box. I used the new rear spats as a template on my original spats and trimmed them. Any comments will be helpful, thanks.

MK70SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
MK70SS, Are your flares Mopar? If so, How did you mount them? Did you use 2 sided tape? I removed all of the push through pins and just bolted them on with the wheel lip screws. I bought the Mopar spats for front and rear but, could only use the fronts. The rears were too short. I did not realize that the spats on the rear are longer due to the 8' box. I used the new rear spats as a template on my original spats and trimmed them. Any comments will be helpful, thanks.

My flares are the factory flares that came on the truck. LineX took them off, sprayed them with LineX coating, and put them back on. I kept getting chips from rocks on them. Now never again.

Montessa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for your reply MK70SS. I am looking for anyone who installed oem Mopar flares and the small spats that are standard on the Laramie trim. Given the fact that these trucks have been out for almost 2 years I find it hard to believe that I am the first one to do this!