Finally decided on system components

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally decided on what I will be using in my system upgrade. I am keeping the stock head unit, running a JL Audio xd500/3 to power my old school Jl Audio 12w3-d4 in a foxbox and front Boston Acoustics SR60 components. My only question is I know its best to tap off of the front right speaker for the LOC that will be going to signal the sub, however to get signal for the front components should I run a LOC off the rear passenger speaker? What is the best way to get signal for my highs? The XD amp can use one signal (one set of RCA's) to run the sub and highs but I believe the front speaker wire block out the highs as a result of the stock infinity system?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
You will want to tap off both front speakers for the sub

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What do you mean when you say tapping off "both" front speakers? I assumed that I could tap off the 6x9 for the sub signal and then tap off the 3.5/4" dash speaker for the signal for my front components.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Both left and right 6x9's

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok, I'm following you now since there is a pos and neg for a left and right channel. I had to look at my LOC again. So to get a signal for my components that I will be putting in can I pull that from both dash speakers?