Finally, the UAQ upgrade on my 2017 Long Horn! A few issues though...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sac2dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Finally did the upgrade! Swapped out the center console bin, installed usb hub, the UAQ... and everything seemed to work at first. Great display, CarPlay... looks good.

The problems:
1. My phone pairing isn't remembered. I've paired my iPhone to the system a few times, and I've had it work where I've ran into the store, came out, and the bluetooth has picked up where it left off playing my playlist as expected. But if I'm gone for a while, like at home for a few hours and then go out? The UAQ displays "No phones paired". There's no history of any phone being attached or any contacts downloaded. This is weird.

2. Navigation - sometimes it works great, other times its the "marching dots" Navigation loading screen, and it'll never start.

3. The audio quality is really a downer compared with my old 2017 Harmon unit. It's unbelievable how bad it is... as others have discussed, very boomy.. and boosting the mid and treble only gets you part way there. I can live with it, but it's definitely a step backward.

The question is - should I update the firmware to 22.6? Would that help?

Here's my current version:

View media item 29599
Thanks!1135388B-902B-4E7F-B4B0-66DB6D269EA1.jpeg

OP
OP
sac2dude

sac2dude

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Finally did the upgrade! Swapped out the center console bin, installed usb hub, the UAQ... and everything seemed to work at first. Great display, CarPlay... looks good.

The problems:
1. My phone pairing isn't remembered. I've paired my iPhone to the system a few times, and I've had it work where I've ran into the store, came out, and the bluetooth has picked up where it left off playing my playlist as expected. But if I'm gone for a while, like at home for a few hours and then go out? The UAQ displays "No phones paired". There's no history of any phone being attached or any contacts downloaded. This is weird.

2. Navigation - sometimes it works great, other times its the "marching dots" Navigation loading screen, and it'll never start.

3. The audio quality is really a downer compared with my old 2017 Harmon unit. It's unbelievable how bad it is... as others have discussed, very boomy.. and boosting the mid and treble only gets you part way there. I can live with it, but it's definitely a step backward.

The question is - should I update the firmware to 22.6? Would that help?

Here's my current version:

View media item 29599
Thanks!View attachment 216691

Finally did the UAQ 22.6 upgrade this evening. Result? Everything seems fixed!

The audio is MUCH improved!
My Nav doesn’t “stall” anymore, and displays the maps.

I’ll have to test whether it forgets my phone, but so far it’s fantastic! This forum is a godsend... Seriously!

Guiselman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So I'm contemplating switching from a RA4 to the UAQ. Is there any difference in screen quality? My father has a 2019 Ram 1500 new body style, his 8.4 screen is way better quality than mine.