Wanting to upgrade my Uconnect 3 w/5" display to a larger one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimspencer741

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hi all, new here but not new to RAM/Dodge.

Looking to upgrade my current Uconnect 3 w/5" display that's in my 15 Ram 2500 with the 3 climate control knobs below, to a larger Uconnect stereo so that I would still have all settings such as:

Display
Units
Voice
Clock & Date
Safety / Assistance
Brakes
Lights
Doors & Locks
Auto Comfort Systems - if equipped
Engine Off Options
Suspension - if equipped
Trailer Brake
Compass Setting - if equipped
Audio
Phone / Bluetooth
Radio Setup
Restore Settings
Clear Personal Date

Does have SXM Radio & Backup Camera

I've looked multiple times on amazon, bestbuy, walmart etc for an aftermarket stereo that would have more than just: sxm, bluetooth, backup camera but have to use their own (wont work with stock camera), voice controls from steering wheel. Other than that, not much other settings like my stock Uconnect 3 w/5" display hence why I'm seeing if there is another I can upgrade to and also without changing out the while center setup in the truck where these are placed. I would be happy with a new aftermarket 7" double din stereo but again, cant find one that has the additional settings like I mentioned above.

Any help be great. Also be cool if the new one have included navigation so I dont have to use my phones GPS.

OP
OP
J

jimspencer741

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Was actually just on there, they want $1k for the RA3 and $1,400 for RA4 and the 4C NAV for $2,200

thats pretty damn high lol

anyone on here looking to sell their RA4? haha

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Was actually just on there, they want $1k for the RA3 and $1,400 for RA4 and the 4C NAV for $2,200

Check the for sale forums.. might get lucky there.. but you will probably need to piece it all together..

2019+ classic 8.4
VOL / AC Bezel
New harness + HVAC

Steering wheel controls if you don't have and want them.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

All infotainment does is resell salvage radios they call refurbished for greatly inflated prices. I recommend piecing it together yourself.

PoconoJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did it with a Pioneer unit from Crutchfield. If I recall it was around $550 a couple of years ago, so it wasn't top of the line, but in my opinion it's great.

Our truck: 2015 Ram 1500 that had the stock 5" Uconnect which died. We didn't opt for SitiusXM, but there was an add-on module that you could purchase.

I've been using Crutchfield for many years. I'm in no way connected to them. I'm just a customer that's been using them over the years. Their instructions are great and they always fit you with all the proper harnesses and anything else you need for your application. The instructions explain how to remove every panel that is neccessary.

There was one device I had to hook up to the computer in order to program it. The programming was easy and worked flawlessly.

There was a harness for the steering wheel controls, one for the usb/12v ports in the console and a wire with a microphone.

You can select which view you want on the new stereo. It will give you gauge readings, tire pressure, it has all the HVAC controls, blutooth, outside temperature , etc. etc. It will even warn you if you get a check engine light. It works with the stock backup camera and has a way better, very clear picture.
Definite improvement over stock.

One Mile Up

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Not sure yours is the same unit that I replaced a while back in my 2017 2500 Laramie (w/upgraded sound package from factory)... but lemme tell ya -- this thing was WELL worth the money (and yes, it was hella expensive :()

Kenwood DMX1057XR

I would 100% recommend this to anyone looking to upgrade!!!

Here it is in my truck:

IMG_6674.jpegIMG_6678.jpeg