Finally Time For Lift and Upgrades :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smkied

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
I'm really new to all of this upgrading stuff, and though I have been reading many posts and the in-depth guide on the 1500 lift/levelling/tire I am still feeling unsure of what to do.

After finally getting through 100k KMS on my 2013 2500 Outdoorsman, my tires are ready for replacement. The stock set up is LT365 / 70R17.

I'm looking to probably keep the rims for now, if I can, but would like to bump up the tire sizes to 35" or 36". With that I know I'll require a bit of a lift, and since that is something that would be needed I'd like to get some better suspension while I am at it to improve the ride quality so the everything isn't shaking like crazy even from small bumps, let alone something a bit rougher hah. At the same time I'd like to still maintain good hauling capability so I'm not lifting off into the sky every time I hook up the camper or load up some gravel.

I've been looking at a 1.5~2.0" lift suspension from Fox, and it sounds good but I have no idea what to actually expect in terms of ride quality. What is the difference between Factory Race Series and Performance Series?

Would I need an offset to accomodate the tires? I guess that depends on which ones I would want? What are some good ones that have a nice look, good offroad performance but still good and durable on highways (most of my driving) as well as all season winter/ice performance (is that too many things to be asking for from just one tire? hah)

I found a nice looking set up, attached it below. The offset might be a little more than I like but the tires look awesome. I might even go for that bumber too.

If possible I'm just looking for some guidance on what parts/setup I should be looking for to achieve this look and still have good ride quality. I'm not looking for too much of a lift, I like the more fitted look with the big tires.

Thanks everyone in advance for helping out. Really great community here.

1311_original.jpg

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Check out custumoffsets.com thousands of set ups to find the look you want. As far as ride quality someone else will have to chime in since I'm in a 1500. But for what's it's I just got a super lift on mine with Bilsteins and I say it's better than stock. Fox imo would be even better but again that's my experience with a 1500

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

smkied

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
I'm really new to all of this upgrading stuff, and though I have been reading many posts and the in-depth guide on the 1500 lift/levelling/tire I am still feeling unsure of what to do.

After finally getting through 100k KMS on my 2013 2500 Outdoorsman, my tires are ready for replacement. The stock set up is LT365 / 70R17.

I'm looking to probably keep the rims for now, if I can, but would like to bump up the tire sizes to 35" or 36". With that I know I'll require a bit of a lift, and since that is something that would be needed I'd like to get some better suspension while I am at it to improve the ride quality so the everything isn't shaking like crazy even from small bumps, let alone something a bit rougher hah. At the same time I'd like to still maintain good hauling capability so I'm not lifting off into the sky every time I hook up the camper or load up some gravel.

I've been looking at a 1.5~2.0" lift suspension from Fox, and it sounds good but I have no idea what to actually expect in terms of ride quality. What is the difference between Factory Race Series and Performance Series?

Would I need an offset to accomodate the tires? I guess that depends on which ones I would want? What are some good ones that have a nice look, good offroad performance but still good and durable on highways (most of my driving) as well as all season winter/ice performance (is that too many things to be asking for from just one tire? hah)

I found a nice looking set up, attached it below. The offset might be a little more than I like but the tires look awesome. I might even go for that bumber too.

If possible I'm just looking for some guidance on what parts/setup I should be looking for to achieve this look and still have good ride quality. I'm not looking for too much of a lift, I like the more fitted look with the big tires.

1311_original.jpg

Another member on this site uses this brand to run 40's on 3" of lift.

https://www.aev-conversions.com

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed this 4" lift from Superlift. Got it for about $1500. Ride is very similar to stock. I think this would be considered a mid grade lift. Hard for me to justify Carli or Thuren since I do mostly highway driving, but it has to be better than just using the leveling blocks.

upload_2020-7-22_12-52-35.png

mrOAP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Superlift as mentioned by @SOKY_RAM is a great mid-level kit. Some folks run the Zone kit as well. Some achieve this with a level and a body lift also. There are plenty of options. Just search these forums with the term Bilsteins and/or Eibach and you'll get plenty of reading material to help assist you in your goal to lift. I myself have found great advice from @crazykid1994 and @GIJoe2010 and I'll probably use their setup as a guide to get mine where it needs to be.

Good luck!

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins

1311_original.jpg
To clarify before I chime in, do you have a 1500 or 2500? You mentioned both, and attached a pic of a 2500 so I don't wanna suggest something for the wrong platform.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
To clarify before I chime in, do you have a 1500 or 2500? You mentioned both, and attached a pic of a 2500 so I don't wanna suggest something for the wrong platform.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
LOL I was just scrolling down to say the same thing. Tire rub has a lot to do with the offset of the wheel as well. You’ll see some big tire set ups but if you choose a drastic negative offset you won’t achieve the same results. Seems you need to do a decent amount of reading before pulling a trigger. It can get exciting and you see things you want but find what works. We are here to help you through. But it makes it a lot easier when accurate information is provided