First oil change for this 2500... went sweet! With a question too.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Depending on how hard you work it I would do 5-7000 miles with PUP 0w40.

Keep in mind fresh clean oil never hurts anything...

odinjunior

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've read threads on here saying how terrible the first oil change can be. I thought about taking it to the dealer or having a local place do the first one for me. But this morning I crawled under with my oil filter wrench and tried turning the oil filter to see how tight is it. Well, it turned and I smiled. So my first oil change went sweet. I have the 6.4 Hemi.

So now I'm running PUP 0W-40 full synthetic. Under normal around town and highway conditions, how many miles can I expect to go before the next oil change? It's my first time running full synthetic oil. Thanks.

Red
Where does one get a 50 Gallon fuel tank? Is it a replacement for the stock tank?

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The 50 gallon tank was an option when I ordered my truck and I am very glad I got it.

Red

thomas5853

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
You can log your own maintenance in the app?

Yes you can. I input filters, tire rotation, oil changes, etc... It helps me have a list easily accessible. Also input the mileage. Plus if there is a recall you will get notified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes you can. I input filters, tire rotation, oil changes, etc... It helps me have a list easily accessible. Also input the mileage. Plus if there is a recall you will get notified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have to go back into the app and look. I did not see a place to record my oil change.

Red

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words!! Thanks Retired.

Red

RandomRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That is awesome. I just set mine up. I doubt I’ll have an issue with the engine before power train warranty is up but you never know.

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
What oil filter are you guys using on your 6.4? A lot of people talk crap about wix, I currently have a wix XP on mine. Any thoughts on the srt filter 5038041AA?

ToTheDarkSide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I just started using the larger Royal purple 20-820 filter this week. I used the smaller royal purple filter from day one. Noticed no difference in pressure or anything. I’m sure the difference is all within. It’s larger for sure. Ill have to check the dipstick to see if I have to make any adjustments on the amount of redline 0w-40 it holds. Change every 5k and at 20k miles now