First Problem in 5 years 2016 2500 6.7L Diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smrovell14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
So I use my truck to work and today on my ride down to a job the check engine light came on and then off. So I thought it was nothing maybe from the truck sitting for the last week.. However while making my way home towing a dump trailer no less I lost all power and I could hear air pushing out of somewhere. Also the turbo was running very little pressure.

I found the air was coming from out of the turbo into a (rubber or silicon) hose, and the hose had slipped off and the Clamp was missing, I went and got a hose clamp to just limp it home. Now it builds pressure however it sounds like air is forcing out like a bunch of off tune trumpets(sorry for the poor comparisons) is their any way to seal the connection better so that air doesn't leak or do I need to replace the entire hose/pipe. Ive tightened as well as I can. It only has 37k miles on it and I just want to do it right I depend on it, and really don't want to bring to the dealer if I dont need too.. Its a 2016 2500 Tradesmen 4x4

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It's possible the hose was damaged when it blown off. You'll probably want to buy the factory replacement clamp as it's probably capable of clamping the hose tighter without distortion. Check the other connections if you haven't already

OP
OP
S

smrovell14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
As soon as I put the temporary clamp on the truck drives normal, Im ordering the clamp now, Im thinking about replacing the hose completely but the parts can even be pricey.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
DELETE

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Seems as if I had heard of others that have had that hose blow off.