First world problems ( tonneau cover question)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Sold off the '18...maybe another soon.
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a Peragon on my last Ram and really liked it. They come standard black but paint to match is an option (albeit a very expensive one at $499)

https://www.peragon.com/

Haven't looked at these closely until you posted it here. So, no problems with the peragon? I like the easy removal and the fact that they drop down when pulled back (vs fold up to the rear glass).

james.price.58

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Haven't looked at these closely until you posted it here. So, no problems with the peragon? I like the easy removal and the fact that they drop down when pulled back (vs fold up to the rear glass).

My only issue with it is the long strap utilized to close it (always got in the way). I probably could have done something to make it less obtrusive (moved it to the side, rerouted it or something).
Otherwise, it's a great cover! Mine never leaked and they're very secure. Easy enough to open (unlock and press down on the panel and it folds against the bed wall). If needed, just twist and remove the whole thing (rails remain in place of course)

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Blue
looking at purchasing a tonneau cover for my truck. I’ve had an undercover ultra flex and revolver x4 on my old truck and some cons I disliked were with the X4 it bounced around some while driving 70+ and the ultra flex had a seal issue within a month. My biggest concearn is my truck is not garaged and when it rains here it usually hails. I am looking at the textured undercover SE and the new undercover armor flex they offer for this reason. I would love to get a painted tonneau to match but the hail concearns me. Any other options that might hold up to hail?

blue tarp and hemp rope. No cares if the hail tears it.
No, but seriously: wouldn't something like the bak-flip handle hail? how big the hail?

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a Truxedo X15 Pro that I really like. Don't know how well it will hold up to hail, but it is a very nice roll up cover with minimal wind flapping.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have a Truxedo X15 Pro that I really like. Don't know how well it will hold up to hail, but it is a very nice roll up cover with minimal wind flapping.

My truxedo was so tight I’d imagine hairl would just bounce off it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Don't buy a Bakflip VP...Mine is falling apart after light use and it has the least amount of warranty.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Maybe I should call to see if they will extend my warranty? Thanks!

To update my earlier comments, whatever my feeling is about the Bakflip VP, BAK industries as a company has excellent customer service. I'm pretty far out of warranty on a discontinued design and they are "taking care" of me in a way that I think goes beyond their obligation to me as a business...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
austmurr