First world problems ( tonneau cover question)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
looking at purchasing a tonneau cover for my truck. I’ve had an undercover ultra flex and revolver x4 on my old truck and some cons I disliked were with the X4 it bounced around some while driving 70+ and the ultra flex had a seal issue within a month. My biggest concearn is my truck is not garaged and when it rains here it usually hails. I am looking at the textured undercover SE and the new undercover armor flex they offer for this reason. I would love to get a painted tonneau to match but the hail concearns me. Any other options that might hold up to hail?

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They are pricey, not sure if you need rollup or not, but the diamondback are tough as hell.

I have a few acquaintances with these on various rigs and they are truly badass.

Common sense isn't...nor is common decency.

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A textured cover would be best
Kinda what I’ve been leaning towards man. Diamondback is a little to high for me but they are nice and I don’t think that cover compliments a lowered truck

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kinda what I’ve been leaning towards man. Diamondback is a little to high for me but they are nice and I don’t think that cover compliments a lowered truck

It’s competitively priced, UV protected and sturdy. It has almost a matte finish that matches the bed rail covers.

I had OEM which was decent, slightly better functionality but not as nice as Bakflip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have the LUX painted and I weakened one of the hinges so it rubbed on my paint. I used a spacer to keep it off the paint. When I go through car washed the dryer does weekend things to it lol. But my hood also flexes like crazy and my roof is dented from a dryer but the cover doesn’t have lasting damage I like mine

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

What bed do you have? I’ve got a fiberglass cover but no mounting hardware. I’m pretty sure it’s a 5.7 bed length. It could use a paint job.

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

james.price.58

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a Peragon on my last Ram and really liked it. They come standard black but paint to match is an option (albeit a very expensive one at $499)

https://www.peragon.com/

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

A lot of us here have the Lomax, it locks in at every panel and is very low profile. Its not a heavy texture but its a thick aluminum. I have had mine a year with no issues or regrets, it survived Hurricane Harvey lol

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/new-lomax-tonneau-cover.124183/

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/lomax-tri-fold-hard-cover-installed.124461/

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/updated-lomax-trifold-cover-with-colored-matched-vinyl.126992/

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Don't buy a Bakflip VP...Mine is falling apart after light use and it has the least amount of warranty.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
A lot of us here have the Lomax, it locks in at every panel and is very low profile. Its not a heavy texture but its a thick aluminum. I have had mine a year with no issues or regrets, it survived Hurricane Harvey lol

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/new-lomax-tonneau-cover.124183/

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/lomax-tri-fold-hard-cover-installed.124461/

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/updated-lomax-trifold-cover-with-colored-matched-vinyl.126992/

That’s a beauty tonneau cover! I like the low profile!

Aussie-John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
I have just installed a Bakflip, and so far I like it. Keeps the rain out etc, but time will tell how it lasts.

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the LUX painted and I weakened one of the hinges so it rubbed on my paint. I used a spacer to keep it off the paint. When I go through car washed the dryer does weekend things to it lol. But my hood also flexes like crazy and my roof is dented from a dryer but the cover doesn’t have lasting damage I like mine

I’ve heard this and kind of has me second guessing a hard cover

What bed do you have? I’ve got a fiberglass cover but no mounting hardware. I’m pretty sure it’s a 5.7 bed length. It could use a paint job.

It’s a 5’7” bed

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

This is probably the cover I’m gonna get. Gonna see what kind of deal got exhaust can do.

Don't buy a Bakflip VP...Mine is falling apart after light use and it has the least amount of warranty.

I spoke with bakindustries early 2018 and the rep told me they redesigned the vp and it was gonna be out in June/July. I wanted this cover but not the old design. Haven’t seen the new design on their website so wonder if it got scrapped

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I’ve heard this and kind of has me second guessing a hard cover

It’s a 5’7” bed

I’ll trade you a Franklin for this hard cover I’ve got.
I just don’t have any hardware for it.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This is probably the cover I’m gonna get. Gonna see what kind of deal got exhaust can do.

I spoke with bakindustries early 2018 and the rep told me they redesigned the vp and it was gonna be out in June/July. I wanted this cover but not the old design. Haven’t seen the new design on their website so wonder if it got scrapped
Maybe I should call to see if they will extend my warranty? Thanks!

MegaRam18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I used to have the USA Truck Cover. I don't think hale would phase it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Which cover is it ?