Flickering EVIC backlight and airbag light weirdness. Maybe fixed..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
A couple years ago I I took my trouble free 13 1500 in for the airbag module recall.

Afterwards, I get an intermittent airbag warning light. Oh, and a not so intermittent flicker to my EVIC backlight. The backlight flicker only occurred when the headlights are off, regardless of whether they are on auto, or switched on. When the headlights are switched off, it it flickers. On auto, it flickers during the day, but not at night when the headlights are activated.

I assumed the backlight and airbag light were unrelated. I always turned the airbag light off by reaching over and slapping the passenger side seat-bottom.

I finally scanned the airbag codes, and got 2 seemingly unrelated codes that printed to the seatbelt release switch. I checked that plug, which was loose, and used a dental tool to bend the contacts out a little for a better connection. Put in some silicone grease and re-connected it.

That was 3 weeks ago, and so far, both the airbag light and flickering backlight seem fixed. I wouldn't have expected one to have any effect on the other.