Steering Column Control Module (“SCCM”) - Airbag Light Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moto117

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L I6 Turbodiesel
I have a 2024 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel. When I purchased the truck there was an open recall that was completed for the SCCM. However, post the software update for the recall the airbag light has intermittingly coming on. Initially it was throwing code B0028-13. They did checks on the connectors, drag test, performed vehicle configuration and said the ORC was not configured correctly. They cleared the codes, cycled the key and returned my truck. Two days later the airbag light came back. Now it is throwing codes B0028-13 and U0452-64.

At the end of the day they have no idea what's going on and have no timeline to fix the truck. I personally think they are just trying to wait out the lemon law requirements for the state I'm located to make this a manufacture issue so they can whip their hands of the problem.

It certainly seems to me this issue was initiated by SCCM software update. I've also been told by an "industry expert" that it was likely the result of the SCCM update as well.

I'd appreciate any feedback you guys may have.

Thanks,

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2024 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel. When I purchased the truck there was an open recall that was completed for the SCCM. However, post the software update for the recall the airbag light has intermittingly coming on. Initially it was throwing code B0028-13. They did checks on the connectors, drag test, performed vehicle configuration and said the ORC was not configured correctly. They cleared the codes, cycled the key and returned my truck. Two days later the airbag light came back. Now it is throwing codes B0028-13 and U0452-64.

At the end of the day they have no idea what's going on and have no timeline to fix the truck. I personally think they are just trying to wait out the lemon law requirements for the state I'm located to make this a manufacture issue so they can whip their hands of the problem.

It certainly seems to me this issue was initiated by SCCM software update. I've also been told by an "industry expert" that it was likely the result of the SCCM update as well.

I'd appreciate any feedback you guys may have.

Thanks,
Following - I just had the SCCM update done this morning so I will be keeping an eye on that. Thanks for the heads up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat